Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Will Apple in future make a larger Ipad maybe 10" or larger and call it a pro model or something?

I don't want one but you can bet Samsung will try and make the first 15" tablet in a few years. :p

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I doubt they'd make a tablet larger than 9.7''. Seems counterproductive and essentially defeats the entire idea of a portable tablet computer.

t-mobile-uk-vega-android-tablet-28-r3media-540x303.jpg

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Will Ipad make a larger Ipad

Will Apple in future make a larger Ipad maybe 10" or larger and call it a pro model or something?

I don't want one but you can bet Samsung will try and make the first 15" tablet in a few years. :p

First off, you might want to proofread your thread titles a bit more. There is no company named "Ipad", and if there was, Apple's legal team would jump on it and annihilate it ASAP.

Second, a larger tablet would be harder to carry around, which is one of the selling points of tablets.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
thats why the new iMac is soo thin; soon they will make that a biiiiig tablet. :cool:

No, seriously I doubt there would be a bigger iPad. What is more feasible is a MacAir or MB(P) without keyboard. That in 13" or 15" I can imagine (and would get one).

For an iPad with a single document interface it seems wasted space. The portability of the current iPad and iPad mini would suffer quite.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
It would definitely be a lot more cooler than a smaller Ipad (Ipad mini) in my perspective.

Ipad pro 13.9", with same ratio as regular pad and a retina display. Although, it would really crossline with their Macbook and the price would be ridiculous espically under Cook management. Might just provide you with a 5W adaptor as well:).

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Yes,

I iPad will replicate and make a larger version of itself. Natural Selection right in front of our eyes.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
a larger tablet would be harder to carry around, which is one of the selling points of tablets.

Who says you have to carry it around? What? A less portable tablet to replace laptops for designers? Never happen

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well by the solid sales performance of the Mini and some folks moving to it versus the larger iPads, why would Apple make a bigger iPad? I think that market would be way too small.

Next question! :)

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
There are a few transformer laptops out there that essentially do that, I think they go up to around 13-15" in size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.