Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I can send a group message out but the replies come back individually rather than as a group thread like they did when I had iPhones on AT&T and T-Mobile. The only time it works properly is when all the recipients of the message are using iPhones. One of my friends who also switched to Verizon can't even get regular picture messaging to work unless it is sent as an iMessage to other people with iPhones.

Called Verizon and they said to call Apple. Apple says it's Verizon. I'm pretty sure it has to be a Verizon issue since one of my friends just recently upgraded to the 5 on Sprint and everything on his is working fine even though we have the exact same settings. Plus it worked fine on iPhones I've used with T-Mobile and AT&T.

So far I have tried resetting the network settings, turning iMessage on/off, turning group mms on/off and nothing. Still the same.

Any other Verizon iPhone users able to chime in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.