Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I have a Desktop windows vista computer running itunes all the time which I use my Apple TV2 to watch shows on my HDTV.

My question is when I'm on the treadmill not near a TV, can I watch shows from either my Apple TV2 or my desktop computer on my ipad? Is there an app for that?

I'm sure there must be a way, I'm just spacing on how to do it.

I would like to not run another server program as I have itunes performing that task and it works for the most part so I don't want to screw around with something that might mess that up.

Thank you in advance,
jctivo

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I just download the movies to my iPad and watch at will. Replacing those just watched with another to keep the list fresh. Lets see what I have on there right now... this could be bad:
Ok, not so bad, I only have Prometheus, Push, Sunshine, The Book of Eli on there right now. Normally I have about 5 or 6 movies, guess I'm just too lazy to push the cloud button over the holidays.

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
thanks

I don't want to be loading things on/off the ipad since I have a 2 tb drive for my library.

So I did review the article from apple about home sharing. I did set it up now on my ipad.

Looks like it worked. I was watching something from my itunes library.

Thanks. I really forgot about home sharing for this function!

jctivo

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
thanks

I will try airvideo.

The home sharing flaked out a bit on me last night so I will try airvideo as well.

Thanks.
jctivo

NestOfRobins

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
I often want to watch online videos that are flash-based on my iPad. Since the iPad cannot do flash (at least not easily), I use Splashtop (http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2) through my desktop machine.

From what I have found, it may be the only desktop viewer that also sends audio.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
PS3MediaServer
+
AcePlayer

Also, Apple's Remote App should work with Home Sharing to stream videos from your iTunes.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I have a Desktop windows vista computer running itunes all the time which I use my Apple TV2 to watch shows on my HDTV.

My question is when I'm on the treadmill not near a TV, can I watch shows from either my Apple TV2 or my desktop computer on my ipad? Is there an app for that?

I'm sure there must be a way, I'm just spacing on how to do it.

I would like to not run another server program as I have itunes performing that task and it works for the most part so I don't want to screw around with something that might mess that up.

Thank you in advance,
jctivo

AirVideo is the best streamer for me because it does all formats so I can watch my MKV rips on my NAS. It also streams over 4G. Great purchase.

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks

I tried airvideo and paid for app.

I actually thinks it works better than iTunes at least in my limited tests so far.
Jctivo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.