Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1
iceny
macrumors newbie

Reinstall application from Time Machine to another Mac

Hi, I have been lurking for a while to get the mac rumors and created an account long time ago (I think) but I can't remember the username so I had to create a new account

Anyways, I sold my macbook and am waiting for my new iMac which is still not in stock Problem is, I need to work on some stuff and I have access to use my friend's imac. Can I create a new user name on his imac and reinstall a couple applications from my Time Machine? I remember I could move the files manually but don't recall anything about installing 1 or 2 softwares without retrieving a full backup.

Thanks.

Last edited by iceny; Dec 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
iceny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Edie Brickell
macrumors member

Yes you can create a new user name on your friends iMac. Just go into the System preferences and check accounts, then create a new user name. It is very advantageous as it will give you a user name and password which will secure your privacy and ofcourse you can install new programs using your new account.
Edie Brickell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help