Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Silly question I'm guessing, but I'm about to order a 2.3ghz mini with 1tb Fusion drive. I don't suppose there's any chance they sell such configs in brick and mortar stores do they? I've bought mba's and mbp's with upgraded parts in store in the past, but I'm assuming they don't do this with mini's.

Shipping is telling me 9th Jan delivery currently, so it'd be spectacular if they sold them in store. My local store is Manchester, UK, by the way.

Edit: Actually, I see how easy it is to upgrade the ram so I'll be doing that myself.

Edit 2: Nope, they only do stock machines it seems, in my local Apple store anyway. Oh well. I've ordered online, 2.6ghz 1tb fusion, 16gb from Crucial. I generally use my macs for 5+ years so I plumped for the 2.6ghz.

Edit 3: Ordered ram Thursday night, arrived this morning (Saturday). If only the mac was delivered so quick :)

Last edited:

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
RAM and the Mini

I have a mac mini...about 60 days old...I would definately
boast the RAM to at least 16 Gigs...no question about it.
I would buy it from a third party vendor who does NOT
get their RAM from China, however..

yegon

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Yeah, I've just ordered 2x8gb from Crucial for £62, before I've even ordered/bought a mini :). Good grief, I remember paying about £100 for 4MB ram for my 486 lol.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I have a mac mini...about 60 days old...I would definately
boast the RAM to at least 16 Gigs...no question about it.
I would buy it from a third party vendor who does NOT
get their RAM from China, however..

What do you mean by at least 16gb? I thought the max was 16gb.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
I remember dropping $200 for 4MB for my Centris 610. Weren't those the days? ;)

The worst thing was, that 4mb ram I bought wasn't 100% compatible and occasionally gave me parity errors and crashed the pc. I stubbornly (stupidly?) carried on using it though regardless, heh. These were the days when returning mail orders was an utter pita.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.