Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatGreekMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Sparta, Greece
Hey guys I'm downloading Counter-Strike: Source for Mac through Steam. Steam is the only application that's currently running. Suddenly, the download progress has stopped at 66% and the app is not responding. What should I do? By the way, I have access to the Internet. Should I quit the app? If I do that, how will i start downloading again? Thanks. I never had such a problem with any app but Steam.

saotomefirst

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hey guys I'm downloading Counter-Strike: Source for Mac through Steam. Steam is the only application that's currently running. Suddenly, the download progress has stopped at 66% and the app is not responding. What should I do? By the way, I have access to the Internet. Should I quit the app? If I do that, how will i start downloading again? Thanks. I never had such a problem with any app but Steam.

Hi there,

I have Steam too and sometimes that happens to me too. I usually solve it by:

- making sure I'm still connected to the web (open a web page or 2)
- pausing all Steam downloads and resume only 1 (if you resume all it may get too slow/stop)
- if all else fails, force quit Steam and reopen it. The download isn't lost - at least what's been really downloaded - and you can resume it manually if needed.

Try these out and see if it works for you :D

ThatGreekMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Sparta, Greece
Hi there,

I have Steam too and sometimes that happens to me too. I usually solve it by:

- making sure I'm still connected to the web (open a web page or 2)
- pausing all Steam downloads and resume only 1 (if you resume all it may get too slow/stop)
- if all else fails, force quit Steam and reopen it. The download isn't lost - at least what's been really downloaded - and you can resume it manually if needed.

Try these out and see if it works for you :D

Thanks it worked. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.