Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:07 AM   #1
craigfamily
macrumors newbie

Texts going to multiple people - HELP!

My ipod it sending texts to the person I'm sending them to, as well as to the main account holder (Dad). I can't seem to figure out where the duplicate address is so I can delete it. Please help!!
craigfamily is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigfamily View Post
My ipod it sending texts to the person I'm sending them to, as well as to the main account holder (Dad). I can't seem to figure out where the duplicate address is so I can delete it. Please help!!
I'm guessing you're using the same iCloud account and these texts are being sent through iMessage? If this is the case, you need a new iCloud account.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3
mojohanna
macrumors 6502a

You have your dad's address as one of the originate imessage addresses. Go into settings, iMessage and sign out of his account or uncheck his name from the list. I am assuming you have your own apple ID. If not, you can still tie the purchases to your dads account (for parental control purposes) and separately have your own ID so that the cross messaging does not happen.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch