Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Ordered that on 12/12, still waiting for it to arrive, will post a review once it does. :eek:

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Well, got mine today. So far, paying the ~$22 is what I would expect from this case. I'd be willing to bet there are probably some better knock off versions, but this serves its purpose. Have only used the phone at home so far, but there is no signal loss or wifi loss to speak of. The machined edges are a bit sharp (for lack of a better description), but I guess that's just how the Cleave is meant to be (without having an authentic one to compare it with). If the case is painted, I don't see the paint chipping anytime soon (I got the black/silver version). As far as fit, there is no wiggle room as the inner lining of the case does have some pre-installed padding, and there is a little overlap from the Cleave, so the phone can rest face up or face down on a table without its front face or back making contact. The included Power/Volume/Silent buttons all fit well, though the Silent On/Off toggle is a bit loose and does make a slight rattle noise if you test the case and shake it a little. All the buttons work as needed, though.

rc0310

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
I have both the original and the fake.. they're not the same..

the original one is not as thick and the shape is a little different as well.

I would buy the original one again instead of the fake.. but the price difference is quite a bit..

so it depends whether you think it's worth it or not :)

for me, I'd go for the original one and look for a discount/coupon code and be happier with it.

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I have both the original and the fake.. they're not the same..

the original one is not as thick and the shape is a little different as well.

I would buy the original one again instead of the fake.. but the price difference is quite a bit..

so it depends whether you think it's worth it or not :)

for me, I'd go for the original one and look for a discount/coupon code and be happier with it.

Mind posting some comparison pics?

I would buy the original one, but I had to go with one from aliexpress because it's probably 5 times cheaper. I don't live in the US, and the shipping fee for the original one is ridiculous.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Well, after testing it for the day at work, I've noticed some significant signal loss and data loss, to the point where I will continuously lose all data capability depending on where I am in my place of business. This is definitely a problem, so even though I love the case, I may have to move on once again...

clyde2801

macrumors 601
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coffee-Slim...395734?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a242a9096

i bought this. i dont feel like i am experiencing any signal lost. using it with spigen glast.R and i love it!

i was gonna post a review of it, but i have been busy and lazy. a combination of the two.

Thinking about this after your post. Have you experienced any problems with this after using it for a while? I can't tell from the pictures if it has the draco V antenna cutout on the top, and want to make sure it won't degrade reception. Also does it work with the 30 pin to lightning adapter?

Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.