Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wippy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Australia
is it only me or are other people finding that they are more and more incline to touch the screen for certain tasks? sure it is no something i would do within documents or spreadsheet (that's probably due to the interface not designed for it).... but there are a lot of web browsing actions or within the OS (Launchpad) that my first reaction was to touch the screen rather than to go for the trackpad....

as much as i would love a retina screen for the next revision of the MBA.... I think a touch screen on them would definitely push to to upgrade from my 2011 11".....

am i along in wanting this?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Serious: last time in my company I tried to touch my Windows 7 desktop screen to switch to Outlook. That second I thought: I really need vacation.

(But I also would like to have touch support; soon Windows 8 will be rolled out in my company, there is hope).

wippy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Australia
Serious: last time in my company I tried to touch my Windows 7 desktop screen to switch to Outlook. That second I thought: I really need vacation.

LOL... good to know I'm not alone... i find that i touch the screen on Windows as well... guess the iPad have trained me too well.....

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Not I for one.

Perhaps it is just force of habit, but if I am typing on a bluetooth keyboard linked to my ipad, I find it quite cumbersome to have to raise my hand to tap on an icon to do something.

I doubt I would see much use in a touchscreen if Apple ever included one.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Not me.

Even when I see a piece of dirt on the screen, I don't want to touch it because my finger's grease may get it worse.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I think a touch screen on them would definitely push to to upgrade from my 2011 11".....

am i along in wanting this?
It's very unlikely you'll never see one, as touchscreen on a vertical screen is horrible ergonomics. This has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum.

Will the next Macbook Pro have a touch screen?
touchscreen?
Touch Screen on Next MBP?
Touchscreen iMac - as likely as a refrigerator with toaster
Anybody think a touch screen iMac will be coming soon?
Will there be touch screen on the macbook air?
Next Macbook will be Touch Screen

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
laptops don't need to be touchscreen. They need better battery technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.