Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Can anybody help me with the artist and song title for this song?

Its too short before the voice over kicks in for Shazam to work.

Pleeeeeeeaaaase its doing my head in!!!!

Attachments

• whatsong.mp3.zip
    222.5 KB · Views: 132

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You're not really providing a sample that is too helpful. I couldn't tell - sorry :(

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
You're not really providing a sample that is too helpful. I couldn't tell - sorry :(

Anybody who knows it will know it straight away, I recognise it completely and can hum the tune past the sample I have uploaded but this is all I can sample from the TV show that used it.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
So i scrubbed through a few more episodes and found another sample and also got a longer sample with the voiceover, Shazam still will not help me but hopefully the right person on here can.

Attachments

• ScreenFlow.mp3.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 86

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
It's a pretty generic beat. Could just be a filler tune the sound producers made for scene transitions, etc.

I thought it was a Green Day song myself (Hitchin' a Ride) but it's clearly not that.

Unless you know for sure it's an actual song, I'd chalk it up to a familiar beat being used as filler.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
Can anybody help me with the artist and song title for this song?

Its too short before the voice over kicks in for Shazam to work.

Pleeeeeeeaaaase its doing my head in!!!!

Gold on the ceiling - The Black Keys

Not sure if its taken from that song but it sure sounds similar!

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Okay, so my Shazam came up with "Blues Saraceno - Phuzz Face"

I've never heard of him (Blues Saraceno is the guy's name), and I can't find a video or audio clip anywhere with a simple google search, but looking at the guy's website, he does compose for a lot of TV shows and commercials, so it's probably that.

Good luck.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Sounds like it could be Queens of the Stone Age. Sure has their sound to it, but I don't know any of their songs well enough to confirm. Are you even sure it's a song or not just a music bed?

Sounds like a remixed or modified version of Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis

Whilst it's the same key, the bass line is not identical, and there's no part of that song that contains that hammer, more than likely it's just a song that's in the same key.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.