Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Photoshop has detected graphics hardware that is not officially supported for 3D

I have been getting this error every time I open Photoshop CS6 on my MacBook Pro. All I've found is a bunch of "me too" posts, and no solution...

Quote:
Photoshop has detected graphics hardware that is not officially supported for 3D, and has temporarily disabled 3D functionality.
So what can I do since I can't upgrade my graphics card and it doesn't meet the requirements? I'd like to disable 3D if possible.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:06 PM   #2
chrfr
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I have been getting this error every time I open Photoshop CS6 on my MacBook Pro. All I've found is a bunch of "me too" posts, and no solution...

So what can I do since I can't upgrade my graphics card and it doesn't meet the requirements? I'd like to disable 3D if possible.
There's no "Don't show again" checkbox?
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfr View Post
There's no "Don't show again" checkbox?
Oh, right... I didn't really want to do that. I would have rather disable the plugin itself, just so it had one less thing to load at start.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:33 PM   #4
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Oh, right... I didn't really want to do that. I would have rather disable the plugin itself, just so it had one less thing to load at start.
Under preferences --> performance settings, you can uncheck or customize "use graphics processor" if you like. Some things obviously won't work without it. In this case it sounds like you're using photoshop extended. For individual plugins you can find them in the Adobe Photoshop ---> plugins folder. Unless they changed something, adding a ~ to the name should disable a given plugin. Essential plugins are within the application package. I don't suggest disabling those.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekev View Post
Under preferences --> performance settings, you can uncheck or customize "use graphics processor" if you like. Some things obviously won't work without it. In this case it sounds like you're using photoshop extended. For individual plugins you can find them in the Adobe Photoshop ---> plugins folder. Unless they changed something, adding a ~ to the name should disable a given plugin. Essential plugins are within the application package. I don't suggest disabling those.
That didn't work, but thanks for trying. And yeah, I am using Extended. And I looked in my plugins folder, and I don't seem to have any. And like you said, disabling essentials wouldn't be a good idea.

I guess I'll wait and see what happens when the next update is pushed out then.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:45 PM   #6
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
That didn't work, but thanks for trying.
Blah I figured it might not be that given that the error specifically mentioned "3d". What card are you using? Loading a 3d viewport shouldn't be a big deal. The issue is typically when you reach high polygon count levels. I haven't paid too much attention to photoshop's 3d capabilities. They were first implemented around CS3. Since then they're still lacking reasonable modeling tools, modern handling of manifold problems, and decent shaders. The brush engine improved in CS6. The brush engine used to be rather poor compared to something like painter or manga studio. Speaking of that stuff, their 2d mesh relax tools could still use some work.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:26 AM   #7
chrfr
macrumors 68020

Quote:
No need to bother worrying about that. It's not loading anyway.
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics