Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:52 PM   #1
JagsFan829
macrumors member

Need some advice: should I still bring the MacBook to the Apple Store?

Hello!

So I purchased my first MacBook, the 2011 Air, about six months ago. I've been pretty spot-on with my electronics my entire life.. No issues whatsoever. Not with our other laptops, iPad, iPhone's, etc.

Well.. The MacBook took on water on the keyboard in a freak water bottle accident. I was so angry when it happened because I baby'd the thing.. My wife was shocked.

Anyway, when it happened, I flipped the thing over almost instantly, cut it off, dried it out, and left it upside down to dry overnight and most of the next day. I was so angry/depressed/sad when it happened. I don't even remember how much water spilled because it happened so fast. I wouldn't say it was a large amount but I wouldn't say it was very small either.

Next day, I opened it up and cut it on. Hallelujah! It turned on. However, it popped up with a message that one or more USB ports or something were disabled recently. Also, the sound wasn't working.

Well, I did a restart and didn't get the USB message again. I tested both USB ports and they did fine. Turns out the sound was just stuck in headphones mode because I had headphones in when I shut the thing down in a hurry. Plugged headphones in.. Sound did fine.. Took headphones out.. Sound was fine again. These are the only two issues I've noticed. I also ran a hardware test (I think holding D down when restarting.. Read how to do it somewhere online) and everything checked out fine.. If that even means anything.

OK.. So.. Time for the advice! My question is, should I still bring the MacBook to the Apple Store to get it checked out or did some miracle occur and save me? We had set an appt for Weds just incase, but everything seems to be ok since then.

Also, are there any other tests or things I can do to make sure everything is OK and in running order?

Sorry for the long story/post, just trying to be as detailed as possible.

Thank you!!
JagsFan829 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Apple...
macrumors 68020

If it's working fine, I don't see why you'd have to bring it in.

Wishful irony: Apple buys Dell, shuts it down, and gives the $ back to the shareholders. Just because it can.
Apple... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3
JagsFan829
macrumors member

I guess to make sure I'm not missing anything..?? I don't know. Maybe I'm being paranoid.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Apple...
macrumors 68020

I think you're just paranoid.

Wishful irony: Apple buys Dell, shuts it down, and gives the $ back to the shareholders. Just because it can.
Apple... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:55 PM   #5
JagsFan829
macrumors member

Haha - well, thanks for making me feel better. Barely write on here.. Mostly read.. But I love these forums.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air