Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Papester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Does anybody have some pictures of the 2012 iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I'm trying to determine if the screens are that different from each other from a reflection standpoint.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Does anybody have some pictures of the 2012 iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I'm trying to determine if the screens are that different from each other from a reflection standpoint.

they are, seen 21 imac and TB display in store... imacs are a lot less reflective

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Yeah… I've got an ACD but I never noticed any reflections because I always take care of putting screens in the right places in order not to have them.

I was in the store the other day though and went to play a little with the new iMac. Looked nice. I then went to see a TB Display (mine isn't TB) and was shocked to see the difference. Isn't huge, don't get me wrong, it's just that I wasn't expecting any difference and there's some.

So yes. Less reflective. Still is, but less.

Papester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
they are, seen 21 imac and TB display in store... imacs are a lot less reflective

Was the difference observed when they were on, off or both ways. I think if it's when they are on it would bother me to have a 27" iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I may have to rethink my purchase and go with two Thunderbolts and a Mac Mini.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
Was the difference observed when they were on, off or both ways. I think if it's when they are on it would bother me to have a 27" iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I may have to rethink my purchase and go with two Thunderbolts and a Mac Mini.

It depends on your specific setup. In a light controlled environment, you probably wouldn't notice a difference. If you have a light source behind you, the new screen will show a more dulled out reflection than the Thunderbolt Display.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011

Both of them were on.. of course, in the store, it was more lighty environment you have in living room.. that is all I can tell you, dont have them both at home:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.