Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1
iMike97
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
iPad Mini - To Buy or WAIT?

Recently I've been deciding whether or not to purhcase the iPad Mini..

What are the odds that a better one comes out in March?

Should I just buy it or wait?
iMike97 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:14 PM   #2
rgarjr
macrumors 603
 
rgarjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: C a l i f o r n i a
Need now, buy now.
rgarjr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:29 PM   #3
xMClass
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Buy now.
__________________
-Mikey | Retina MacBook Pro | iPhone 5s
xMClass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:31 PM   #4
ugcop
macrumors Demi-God
 
ugcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Ha ha ha....you funny man.....
ugcop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:35 PM   #5
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I doubt a Mini 2 will be coming out in March and if it did, it ain't going to start at $329.

More like a thinner and lighter iteration of 4th gen if there is a March release.

I'd say buy the current Mini now.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Eddie Bombay
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Get one now, you wont regret it or end up being one of those people who always waits for the next best thing and ends up with nothing because they're always thinking about waiting. Even if a retina display is around the corner it's not going to weigh the same as the original mini.
__________________
Samsung Series 9 11.6" Notebook | Galaxy S III | Asus Transformer Prime
Apple TV 2nd Gen | iPod Touch 4th Gen
64GB iPad Mini | iPad 2 - 32GB AT&T
Eddie Bombay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:27 PM   #7
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
I doubt a Mini 2 will be coming out in March and if it did, it ain't going to start at $329.
I'm always amused when people claim that Apple will surely raise prices when they haven't done this historically. The iPad has remained at the same price point since it's introduction, what makes you think this would change for the mini? Before you mention the retina display, remember that Apple did NOT raise the price on either the iPhone or the iPad when they introduced the retina display on those models.
__________________
13" 2009 MBP, 2.26 GHz C2D, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD; 2.2 GHz C2D MB, 6 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD; 32 GB iPod Touch 3G
-FWIW, my handle is iThink_ergo_iMac. There seems to be some confusion on this issue.-
iThinkergoiMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Piccio
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
I doubt a Mini 2 will be coming out in March and if it did, it ain't going to start at $329.

More like a thinner and lighter iteration of 4th gen if there is a March release.

I'd say buy the current Mini now.
I think that iPad Mini 2 will start at $349 anyway, March or Fall and it will be somewhat justified by the big changes. With the 1st gen Mini starting $229-$249

Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkergoiMac View Post
I'm always amused when people claim that Apple will surely raise prices when they haven't done this historically. The iPad has remained at the same price point since it's introduction, what makes you think this would change for the mini? Before you mention the retina display, remember that Apple did NOT raise the price on either the iPhone or the iPad when they introduced the retina display on those models.
iPad 3 $479
iPad 4 $499

For example...

Last edited by Piccio; Jan 1, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Piccio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:01 PM   #9
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
I doubt a Mini 2 will be coming out in March and if it did, it ain't going to start at $329.

More like a thinner and lighter iteration of 4th gen if there is a March release.

I'd say buy the current Mini now.

Ipad mini 2 price will not change. Apple already charged the retina screen cost on the first Ipad mini thats why it is at $329. Some will just buy it because they can afford and some will just wait because they think the price is ridiculous.

i just think that apple has ruined their Ipod touch 5 and Ipad sales at a big chunk.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:32 PM   #10
irDigital0l
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
If you need one now go get it, you will surely enjoy using it.

If you can wait, your wait will surely be worth it too (Apple will most have great new features and improvements for the iPad Mini 2).
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:10 PM   #11
kodeman53
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike97 View Post
Recently I've been deciding whether or not to purhcase the iPad Mini..

What are the odds that a better one comes out in March?

Should I just buy it or wait?
Strangers on the Internet don't know your situation nor do strangers on the Internet know Apple's product plans.

If you need one now, buy it.
If you want one now, buy it.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:38 PM   #12
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030
 
HazyCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
Strangers on the Internet don't know your situation nor do strangers on the Internet know Apple's product plans.

If you need one now, buy it.
If you want one now, buy it.
OP, on that note, your average consumer also doesn't keep up with Apple news so you can easily sell yours when the new iPad mini is announced and get a good percentage back.
__________________
If you have a question about my post, quote me so I am notified and can easily reply to you.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:13 PM   #13
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816
 
joshwithachance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I was too tempted and bought one the day after Christmas (From Tekserve). If you always wait for the next version of something you'll never have and enjoy the current one.
__________________
13.3" rMBP paired with 27" ASUS MX279H monitor.
OnePlus One (Sandstone, 64GB)
joshwithachance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:55 PM   #14
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
If you have the money and they have the availability then just buy it.

Sometimes thinking too much will just take away more time for you to be with the device. Took me long enough to get the Ipad that when i finally got it, i also got a new job and didn't really have time to play with it much.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:06 PM   #15
A Hebrew
macrumors 6502a
 
A Hebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
WAIT.

I heard a rumor the next iPad mini will feature Intel 4th generation Mobile processors (2.7 gHz quad core) and a NVIDIA GTM 740.
__________________
2012 13" MacBook Air | 2012 27" iMac | iPad 3 | iPhone 5
A Hebrew is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:24 PM   #16
Blorzoga
macrumors 68020
 
Blorzoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike97 View Post
Recently I've been deciding whether or not to purhcase the iPad Mini..

What are the odds that a better one comes out in March?
zero
Blorzoga is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the iPAD MINI 2 have 'retina' display and A6? Should I wait to buy the mini? saintforlife iPad 71 Jun 26, 2014 07:23 PM
iPad Mini: cheaper to buy ipad mini now or wait til after release of ipad mini 2? mackarena iPad 3 Nov 6, 2013 08:16 AM
iPad Mini: Buy the iPad mini now or wait? Liquinn iPad 34 Jun 18, 2013 11:35 AM
iPad Mini: Buy iPad mini now or wait? Liquinn iPad 12 Feb 16, 2013 01:19 PM
iPad Mini: Should I buy iPad mini now or wait? sphumi iPad 18 Feb 3, 2013 10:38 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC