Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
2013 iPhone and iOS 7 Already Appearing in Developer's Logs




TheNextWeb reports that at least one iOS app developer has already spotted references to the next iPhone and iOS 7 in their app logs.
Quote:
One developer showed us that Apple has been testing hardware relating to a new 'iPhone6,1? identifier, powered by a device running iOS 7, which is expected to be released by Apple in the middle part of this year.
For reference, the current iPhone 5 carries an "iPhone5,1" and "iPhone5,2" identifiers. The specific entries were associated with Apple campus IP addresses, making it more likely they were legitimate entries.

Apple first announced iOS 6 at WWDC 2012 in June. iOS 6 was then released to the public in September. The iPhone 5 was also launched in September 2012.

There have been few hints about what might be expected in iOS 7 and the next generation iPhone, though there have been persistent rumors of Apple investigating the use of Near Field Communication for payments. Other rumors have suggested that the 2013 iPhone could arrive earlier than expected with a mid-year launch rather than later in the year.

Update: Letemsvetemapplem.eu let us know that they had seen iOS 7 in their weblogs. Looking at MacRumors analytics, we found that iOS 7 visits here starting in December:



Article Link: 2013 iPhone and iOS 7 Already Appearing in Developer's Logs
MacRumors is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:50 PM   #2
lifeinhd
macrumors 65816
 
lifeinhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Hopefully Ive has done something radical.
__________________
PowerBook G5, 1.67GHz MacBook Pro, iPhone Nano, iPhone 6, Apple Television Set
lifeinhd is offline   28 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:51 PM   #3
dirkph
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
iOS 7, please do something drastic, fun and interesting.
__________________
15" Uni-body MBP :: iPhone 3G 16GB (sold) :: iPod Classic 120GB :: Time Capsule 1TB :: iPhone 4 16GB
dirkph is offline   47 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:53 PM   #4
8281
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkph View Post
iOS 7, please do something drastic, fun and interesting.
Like a new app switcher/multitasking function and app store for Apple TV?
8281 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:37 PM   #5
charlituna
macrumors 604
 
charlituna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8281 View Post
Like a new app switcher/multitasking function and app store for Apple TV?
Personally I could do without either. Especially if it's an app switcher like the hacks that have been going around. outside of the option to do a down swipe to close apps (and it should be an option), those hacks were ugly to me.

And I see no point in an app store for the Apple TV. There's few apps that would be appropriate to a TV and those should be added by Apple to the software as the deals are in place to allow us direct subscriptions (ie, sans needing a cable subscription). Everything else can be handled via AirPlay off our devices in my opinion.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheying7 View Post
So does this mean we will get a developer preview of iOS 7 in March?
Unlikely.

This new isn't anything shocking. They will be testing iOS 7 for an easy six months before they let developers have it. And testing the hardware about the same before they lock things in.

Likely the same every year. Just now folks have found that they can get attention by reporting that they noticed this testing in their logs. It's the new "unnamed sources close the matter"

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungiefan89 View Post
I'm tired of all the iOS and itoys news.

Not because I prefer Mac news... but because the iOS news is the same thing EVERY YEAR! :/
No one made you read it. So if you are sick of it, why did you.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmccormick View Post
What I have wanted since the first iPad is a way for my wife and I to have separate logins so our stuff isn't intermingled.
Not likely to ever happen. If it was it would happened after this hue and cry started with the original iPad.

Like it or not but it seems rather clear that Apple is viewing iOS devices as single user. And it will likely stay that way as Apple pushes more and more into turning a device for every use into a device for every user (covering multiple uses)
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:45 PM   #6
shurcooL
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkph View Post
iOS 7, please do something drastic, fun and interesting.
Like what Windows 8 did to Windows 7, yes?
shurcooL is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:06 AM   #7
lkrupp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkph View Post
iOS 7, please do something drastic, fun and interesting.
Why? So it can be denigrated, whined and bitched about by the denizens of MacRumors?
lkrupp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:41 AM   #8
mdelvecchio
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkph View Post
iOS 7, please do something drastic, fun and interesting.
or, just continue to keep my trusty devices working reliably.

if you want interesting go read a book.
mdelvecchio is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:52 PM   #9
keysofanxiety
macrumors 65816
 
keysofanxiety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In a house that defies physics by being colder than absolute zero.
I guess I'm in the minority of people who thinks Apple shouldn't be slaves to a 12 month release cycle. The iPhone 5 is amazing in terms of its hardware and it would be great if they just kept releasing new phones as and when they develop the technology for it, to keep everybody else on their toes.

The problem with releasing a new iPhone at this time, of course, will be 'what to call it' … the naming could get a little silly and confuse consumers.

Needless to say, I'll wait until 2014 to get my iPhone 8S
keysofanxiety is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Constable Odo
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysofanxiety View Post
I guess I'm in the minority of people who thinks Apple shouldn't be slaves to a 12 month release cycle. The iPhone 5 is amazing in terms of its hardware and it would be great if they just kept releasing new phones as and when they develop the technology for it, to keep everybody else on their toes.

The problem with releasing a new iPhone at this time, of course, will be 'what to call it' … the naming could get a little silly and confuse consumers.

Needless to say, I'll wait until 2014 to get my iPhone 8S
All the pundits feel that Apple has to put out a new smartphone each time a new Android smartphone comes out. They feel that Apple should definitely be a slave to Samsung to match the Galaxy S feature for feature. The pundits claim that if Apple fails to put in any feature the Galaxy S line already has, then the iPhone is falling miserably behind the Android crowd. Since there must be about five or six large Android smartphone vendors, then Apple would have to put out a new iPhone every couple of months in order to "keep up".

I honestly don't get why Apple should have to follow whatever the Android vendors do. As long as the iPhone is in high demand, what's the point. That would be like Porsche needing to design a new Carrera each time Toyota comes out with a new vehicle.

A carrier contract usually lasts for two years, so why would most consumers want to change smartphones every few months just to keep up with the latest features. What makes tech pundits so stupid when it comes to understanding consumers. A year or fifteen months should be just fine as a production cycle for the iPhone. Since Apple sells the iPhone in such high production quantities, I think Apple can get the most bang for the buck over a longer period of production time. I just don't understand the need for average consumers to be constantly swapping smartphones to stay on the cutting edge. Apple has no need to be a slave to the rest of the smartphone industry or Wall Street as far as production schedules are concerned.
Constable Odo is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:03 PM   #11
JS82712
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post
All the pundits feel that Apple has to put out a new smartphone each time a new Android smartphone comes out. They feel that Apple should definitely be a slave to Samsung to match the Galaxy S feature for feature. The pundits claim that if Apple fails to put in any feature the Galaxy S line already has, then the iPhone is falling miserably behind the Android crowd. Since there must be about five or six large Android smartphone vendors, then Apple would have to put out a new iPhone every couple of months in order to "keep up".

I honestly don't get why Apple should have to follow whatever the Android vendors do. As long as the iPhone is in high demand, what's the point. That would be like Porsche needing to design a new Carrera each time Toyota comes out with a new vehicle.

A carrier contract usually lasts for two years, so why would most consumers want to change smartphones every few months just to keep up with the latest features. What makes tech pundits so stupid when it comes to understanding consumers. A year or fifteen months should be just fine as a production cycle for the iPhone. Since Apple sells the iPhone in such high production quantities, I think Apple can get the most bang for the buck over a longer period of production time. I just don't understand the need for average consumers to be constantly swapping smartphones to stay on the cutting edge. Apple has no need to be a slave to the rest of the smartphone industry or Wall Street as far as production schedules are concerned.
it's simple really...people's phone contracts last 2 years, but tech pundits cant wait that long to offer their 'professional comments' because they need money.
JS82712 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:05 PM   #12
NewAnger
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver Colorado
My AT&T line has been contract free since May. I've been waiting to see what the new iPhone may offer. The latest iPhone wash't worth using the upgrade. I'm hoping the new one will be 128GB storage. That's all I really want.
NewAnger is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:23 AM   #13
JarScott
macrumors 65816
 
JarScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicestershire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysofanxiety View Post
I guess I'm in the minority of people who thinks Apple shouldn't be slaves to a 12 month release cycle. The iPhone 5 is amazing in terms of its hardware and it would be great if they just kept releasing new phones as and when they develop the technology for it, to keep everybody else on their toes.

The problem with releasing a new iPhone at this time, of course, will be 'what to call it' … the naming could get a little silly and confuse consumers.

Needless to say, I'll wait until 2014 to get my iPhone 8S
They'll call it the 5S, just like the 4S. How is that confusing? If anything, it's chosen to NOT confuse the consumer. I'm not getting into more arguments that this forum has every year concerning iPhone names. It'll be called the iPhone 5S and people will live with that.
JarScott is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:57 PM   #14
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God
 
bedifferent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinhd View Post
Hopefully Ive has done something radical.
God I hope
bedifferent is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:14 PM   #15
the8thark
macrumors 68040
 
the8thark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinhd View Post
Hopefully Ive has done something radical.
I believe you meant Craig Federighi VP of software engineering.
__________________
Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.
the8thark is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:09 PM   #16
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Sanfrakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinhd View Post
Hopefully Ive has done something radical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysods View Post
Show us what you've got Ive
Let's be realistic here. It'll most likely have the same design/form factor as a S-type update.
__________________
Home iMac 27" 2.9GHz Intel Core i5
Work iMac 24" 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme
Mobile iPad (4th gen) & iPhone 5 S⃣
JayLenochiniMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:10 PM   #17
JS82712
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLenochiniMac View Post
Let's be realistic here. It'll most likely have the same design/form factor as a S-type update.
I think they were referring to iOS 7...
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:12 PM   #18
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Sanfrakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
I think they were referring to iOS 7...
Wrong person then. It's Craig Federighi. Ive won't have much to do with iOS 7 other than his opposition to skeuomorphism, unless it's related to hardware in some way.
__________________
Home iMac 27" 2.9GHz Intel Core i5
Work iMac 24" 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme
Mobile iPad (4th gen) & iPhone 5 S⃣
JayLenochiniMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:10 AM   #19
Lancer
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinhd View Post
Hopefully Ive has done something radical.
Built in phaser, to blow up any Samsung phone/table it sees
Lancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:02 AM   #20
tuamtuem
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinhd View Post
Hopefully Ive has done something radical.
I don't think so. iOS7 might be the iOS6 with fixed bugs + some additional features. I believe that the iOS8 with new design will come with iPhone6.
tuamtuem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:50 PM   #21
hirshnoc
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Whitefish Bay, WI
Send a message via AIM to hirshnoc Send a message via Skype™ to hirshnoc
Add a temperature sensor and an altimeter...tactile feedback...
hirshnoc is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:51 PM   #22
Liquinn
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
iPad mini 2 - March
iPhone 5S - June
iPad 5 - October?
__________________
2011 Mini | 13" (cMBP) + 15" (rMBP 2013) | Powermac G5 | 27" TBD | iPhone 3GS (16GB) | iPad 1 and iPad 4 | iPod touch 4G (64GB) | Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Mouse x2 | Magic Trackpad |
Liquinn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:53 PM   #23
alohamade
Contributing Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
This may seem like an idea that's too out there, but what if Apple, starting this year, began doing minor "S" (5S) updates in the middle of June, while doing major upgrades (6) in October/the Fall?
__________________
Richard Padilla, Contributing Editor
alohamade is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:56 PM   #24
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God
 
bedifferent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
I got it! Instead of fixing OS X and iOS bugs, lets speed up the release cycles. Who cares if 10.7 and 10.8 are right awful when we can brush them under the rug with a "new" and "magical" update! Let's lower the price too, instead of $19.99 we'll make it $19.98! Now it's even more affordable!

Um, no. I just... can't...
bedifferent is offline   28 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:42 PM   #25
GizmoDVD
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedifferent View Post
I got it! Instead of fixing OS X and iOS bugs, lets speed up the release cycles. Who cares if 10.7 and 10.8 are right awful when we can brush them under the rug with a "new" and "magical" update! Let's lower the price too, instead of $19.99 we'll make it $19.98! Now it's even more affordable!

Um, no. I just... can't...
Mountain Lion is fine. Keep running Snow Leopard to the end of time.
GizmoDVD is offline   8 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Signs of Apple's Work on iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOS 7.1, and iOS 8 Showing Up in Web Logs MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 131 Sep 20, 2013 04:00 PM
Xcode 5 Developer Preview 6 showing up on IOS Dev Site, Released 08/21/2013! kevpan815 iPhone/iPad Programming 4 Aug 23, 2013 12:54 AM
iPhone 6,1 identifier and iOS 7 shows up in dev logs irDigital0l iPhone 8 Jan 2, 2013 05:20 PM
Possible ‘iPad Mini’ Spotted in iOS App Developer Logs MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 119 Oct 17, 2012 11:00 AM
Flagged emails not appearing on iPhone in iOS 6 nealeholl iOS 6 0 Oct 2, 2012 03:56 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC