Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Fluxus92
macrumors newbie

Editing QuickTime Screen Recording in After Effects CS6

Hi,

I'm doing a project that is based around using footage from Google street view. I've collected my footage at the highest quality setting using QuickTime screen recording and imported it into AfterEffects CS5. However, when I render my clip (only 20 seconds at this stage) even at Best Quality settings the quality was drastically reduced from looking almost HD to soft around the edges. Even selecting 'Lossless', which is less than ideal, was not much better.

Would really appreciate some advice!!

Thanks,

Richard.
Fluxus92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:11 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

What codec did you use in exporting from QuickTime and exporting from After Effects (CS5 or CS6 - thread title and post are conflicting)?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Fluxus92
macrumors newbie

Sorry, it's CS5. How do I find out the codec? Is that like DV-PAL? Also I didn't export from Quicktime I just imported into after effects.

Cheers!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:25 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxus92 View Post
Sorry, it's CS5. How do I find out the codec? Is that like DV-PAL? Also I didn't export from Quicktime I just imported into after effects.

Cheers!
In order to find out, what may be wrong with your video, you can use the following three applications to analyse a sample video file.
When done, you can use the "Report" (VideoSpec) and "Export" (Media Inspector) button to export a report,
attachable to your next post via the button.
In MediaInfo you have to go to the Menu Bar, select View > Text and copy the text via CMD+A > CMD+C and paste it via CMD+V into your next post.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Fluxus92
macrumors newbie

ok I'll do that now. While I wait for it to download, I just tried re-importing it but this time as specifically a quicktime movie file, whereas before it was MV4. Do you think this might have any effect?

----------

Sorry not MV4, MPEG
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Fluxus92
macrumors newbie

report attatched here
Attached Files
File Type: txt VideoSpec report 2013-01-03.txt (949 Bytes, 41 views)

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video