Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
When I connect the iPhone to my Mac Pro, the "spinning beach ball" appears in iTunes and I have to force quit because it becomes unresponsive. I do not have this issue with my iPad; it seems to be something with the phone.

Prior to this issue, when I connected my iPhone to iTunes, it would take 6-7 minutes to sync.

When I connected my iPad, it took about 30 seconds.

This is true even when the same content is being synced. i.e. I added 4 PDFs to iBooks. When I synced those with the iPhone, it took 6-7 minutes. With the iPad, about 30 seconds.

Any ideas?

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
When I connect the iPhone to my Mac Pro, the "spinning beach ball" appears in iTunes and I have to force quit because it becomes unresponsive. I do not have this issue with my iPad; it seems to be something with the phone.

Prior to this issue, when I connected my iPhone to iTunes, it would take 6-7 minutes to sync.

When I connected my iPad, it took about 30 seconds.

This is true even when the same content is being synced. i.e. I added 4 PDFs to iBooks. When I synced those with the iPhone, it took 6-7 minutes. With the iPad, about 30 seconds.

Any ideas?
Check this out.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3684957?start=0&tstart=0

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Unfortunately that seems to have somehow made the problem worse. Whereas it was syncing slowly before with occasional freezes, now it is freezing every single time. It's completely impossible to sync my phone at this point.

Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.