Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
I wanted to know if anyone here had the 'Rocketfish Mobile - Hard Shell Case' for iPad mini sold at Best Buy. I already have a smart cover and I am interested in a case that covers the back and corners of the iPad mini, apparently the Rocketfish case worker perfectly in conjunction with the smart cover and in that in theory is perfect! Any pics of how it looks would be sincerely appreciated :) Thanks!

PS. I am not in the US and the case seems to be limited to best buy USA.

Link

joecatz

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2011
FWIW I returned a speck case and got the rocketfish backcover and smart cover for wieght purposes. My six year old dropped the mini from about 3 feet onto brick pavers with the case on, getting out of the car. Back cover stayed on, was slightly scratched, but did not come off the mini. Aside from one very minor cospetic scratch on the corner where it connects to the smart cover the ipad was not damaged at all.

the best back cover for any IPAD i've found is the incase version that is thicker, but it's not available for the mini yet.

If you're looking for thin, this is IMO the best combination out there so far.

that siad, a neoprene travel sleeve is probablya good idea as well.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
FWIW I returned a speck case and got the rocketfish backcover and smart cover for wieght purposes. My six year old dropped the mini from about 3 feet onto brick pavers with the case on, getting out of the car. Back cover stayed on, was slightly scratched, but did not come off the mini. Aside from one very minor cospetic scratch on the corner where it connects to the smart cover the ipad was not damaged at all.

the best back cover for any IPAD i've found is the incase version that is thicker, but it's not available for the mini yet.

If you're looking for thin, this is IMO the best combination out there so far.

that siad, a neoprene travel sleeve is probablya good idea as well.

From what we've found here on the forums, the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy with a Smart Cover is the best solution available. As of now, it provides the best protection while still being thin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.