Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unbelievable99

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to buy an app (using the credit from my itunes gift card) and I have 7 cents MORE than the cost of the app, and when I try to buy it it gives me an 'Insufficient store credit' error and doesn't download. Why is that? Is it that there is a limit as to how close the credit can get to 0 dollars or something? I've been using it a lot recently and all my other purchases have worked.

Thanks

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to buy an app (using the credit from my itunes gift card) and I have 7 cents MORE than the cost of the app, and when I try to buy it it gives me an 'Insufficient store credit' error and doesn't download. Why is that? Is it that there is a limit as to how close the credit can get to 0 dollars or something? I've been using it a lot recently and all my other purchases have worked.

Thanks

Yeah, like the other guy said, it has to do with tax and the fact you're using a gift card. If you had a credit card on file, it would go through because Apple doesn't charge it immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.