Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wheelie4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
NC, USA
I just upgraded to an iMac from a MacBook Pro. Since I'm paralyzed from the neck down I'm unable to turn the wireless keyboard on and off or replace batteries when they get to week or die by myself. So I ordered the wired keyboard with numeric keypad with iMac. Now I'm in a little jam. I'm pretty much stuck in bed majority of the time so I have the computer as well as other things on one of those small hospital tables that slides over my bed. I would like to find a wired keyboard without the numeric keypad to save space because this full size keyboard is just a little too wide for my available space. If anyone has any ideas about a compact wired keyboard I would really appreciate any input. Thanks for anything you could advise. :)

Wheelie4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
NC, USA
Thanks guys! I wonder how those Windows keys would map for Mac. I think I may go with the discontinued compact Apple keyboard just to be on the safe side. I'll spend some time looking around though. I really appreciate the input guys. I'm going to look around for a few days before I make a final decision. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.