Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BengalKat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Hi, I am setting up Boot Camp (Windows XP) on my old Mac Mini 2007 (macmini2,1), and I discovered that I no longer have the original install disks. So I am missing these device-specific drivers needed for Windows (they are on the install disks). I remember throwing the disks away several years ago when I upgraded to 10.6, thinking "I'll never need these again." Silly me!

I have scoured the internet looking for a copy of these drivers or a copy of the install disks, but I've not found them.

Does anybody know where I can download these Mini 2007 Windows drivers, or better yet, where I can find a download of the original install disks?

Thanks for your help.

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
I don't know about a 2007 Mini, but OS X downloads the latest Bootcamp drivers when you set it up. I just did it on a 2009 Macbook and it worked fine. But that was running Lion.

Hi, I am setting up Boot Camp (Windows XP) on my old Mac Mini 2007 (macmini2,1), and I discovered that I no longer have the original install disks. So I am missing these device-specific drivers needed for Windows (they are on the install disks). I remember throwing the disks away several years ago when I upgraded to 10.6, thinking "I'll never need these again." Silly me!

I have scoured the internet looking for a copy of these drivers or a copy of the install disks, but I've not found them.

Does anybody know where I can download these Mini 2007 Windows drivers, or better yet, where I can find a download of the original install disks?

Thanks for your help.

BengalKat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Thank you for your reply! Bootcamp will download the latest drivers, but first it needs its initial drivers to access the internet. Those come from the install disk, which I no longer have. That's why I'm stuck!

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Thank you for your reply! Bootcamp will download the latest drivers, but first it needs its initial drivers to access the internet. Those come from the install disk, which I no longer have. That's why I'm stuck!

How its worked for me under Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion is that the Boot Camp wizard connects to the Internet and downloads the Windows drivers before you start that you then save to a USB key or something. Once you install Windows, you pop in the USB key and install the Windows drivers for the Mac. Maybe the older OS had the drivers on the CD. Upgrade I guess if you can't find it. :)

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
The Snow Leopard disc has the Boot Camp drivers on it. Just put that in after you install Windows.

BengalKat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
OK, it sounds like I've made some wrong assumptions. When I initially started Bootcamp Assistant, I did try downloading the drivers. I got an error message "Download could not continue. The Windows support software is not available." Could that mean that bootcamp on the Mini 2007 is no longer supported?

After installing Bootcamp, I tried installing drivers from my Snow Leopard install disk, but they didn't work. And I did download the "cafe-encounter" drivers, but my XP install rejected them because they are for Windows 7/8.

Thank you everybody! Any other ideas? Otherwise, all I can think is to wipe it clean and try it all again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.