Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexjholland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hey, I purchased iTunes Match back in early December and left it to do its thing with my 130Gb of music.

I had about 5,000 songs which needed uploading; it got down to around 1600 within a few days, then stopped on several hour-long mixes I have by a DJ (I'll have a few more elsewhere too).

Research has revealed iTunes Match simply doesn't seem able to upload these large (one hour-ish) files. Not that it takes a while, but it literally stops on them.

Others have 'helpfully' suggested I just delete these files; but I didn't buy a £2,000 iMac and pay for an iTunes Match subscription for the joy of not being allowed to have any long mixes in my iTunes collection.

Is there any other way around this; perhaps selecting these mixes not to be uploaded to iTunes Match whilst the rest is? I can tolerate only having these in my local collection if needs be.

Cheers

limbic

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2008
I have exactly the same problem.

It just started yesterday.

I downloaded two 160MB DJ mixes from Mixcloud and iTunes Match has choked on them.

Is there a way to ask iTunes Match to simply ignore the file/song?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Easiest way is to change them so that iTunes sees them as podcasts. There then excluded from the upload.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
You've probably already tried it, but have you tried turning Match on and then off again?

I had this problem when uploading some ~45 minute songs, and it did it fine after I switched it on and off again.

Hope you find a solution! Very frustrating

limbic

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2008
I right clicked on the song and selected "Create AAC version". Then I deleted the other version and that seems to have done the trick.

Not sure is this is bunk though as I was generally fiddling around.

alexjholland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Limbic, I was about to post to say the same thing.

I created AAC versions of the mixes in question and deleted the originals; and it's been merrily uploading since. Only up to 100/1500+ in several hours, but it IS moving!

I'll do the same thing if/when I encounter any other problematic files; and hopefully look forward to having Match working - 6-8 weeks after purchasing it!

Melyris

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

I know it's an old thread, but since people are still finding it by googling this iTunes Match problem, here's my solution…

Based on experience, iTunes Match WON'T upload files larger than 200MB or so…

So I did a little research and found a little free software than can split audio files by searching for silences: AudioSlicer. It does it's job perfectly fine, and I'm able to upload 10 hours long mixes and compilations by splitting them this way and renaming each one "XXXX - Part Y", where XXXX is the name and Y the part number (thx Captain Obvious ^-^).

Works every time, as long as you verify that the parts you split into are under 200MB or so :)

Cheers !

Edit: This software appears to be for Mac OS only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.