Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I it a little too late for Apple to jump into the already saturated TV market? Especially after seeing so many nice TVs being introduced at CES this year (i.e. 4k TVs, OLED TVs).

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I still have a hard time believing that Apple really wants to go heavy into TV hardware market. Maybe a device or two here and there, but I think content delivery is going to be the way they try to make their impact.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yeah - It’s doubtful they will. The internet is killing TV for a lot of people anyway...
The internet is killing cable not the TV. People would still rather watch on a big screen than a laptop. This is why Apple should focus more on a true set top not a TV.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
The internet is killing cable not the TV. People would still rather watch on a big screen than a laptop. This is why Apple should focus more on a true set top not a TV.

Yeah, that’s what I meant... It’s killing TV (as in, the tradditional tv content), not the TV (as in, the peice of hardware) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.