Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olsend81

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Im looking for a good site to download powerPC software, Any suggestions?

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Theres also a thread in this subforum where some users put together a database of legacy apps.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Theres also a thread in this subforum where some users put together a database of legacy apps.

Yeah. The website is here, but it is a work in progress. I am in the process of collecting applications and getting them organized into folders so I can FTP them to the server, but I'll still have to write a description and everything else. I think it will get bigger, but at this point I can't honestly recommend it.

olsend81

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Thanks for all the links :) Does anyone know of any software that I am able to use current version of mail and safari on my powerPC?

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Thanks for all the links :) Does anyone know of any software that I am able to use current version of mail and safari on my powerPC?

TenFourKit lets you use the latest version of WebKit with Safari.

I'm not sure about Mail, though.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador

For mail you can use 'PostBox Express' for PowerPC (The free version).

Now, as for safari, you could either use the Webkit, TenFourFox, AuroraFox or Demeter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.