Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hey,

I need a new display. I was thinking of going for a 27' apple led display, used for around $750 or $800....

...but then I see that 27" imacs of a similar vintage, circa 2010-2011, are sometimes going for THE SAME PRICE.

And these are imacs that can be used as external monitors, no?

So I ask you all wise mac peeps... WHY NOT get a 27" imac and use it as nexternal monitor sometimes, and an imac othertimes?

thanks!

r.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Hey,

I need a new display. I was thinking of going for a 27' apple led display, used for around $750 or $800....

...but then I see that 27" imacs of a similar vintage, circa 2010-2011, are sometimes going for THE SAME PRICE.

And these are imacs that can be used as external monitors, no?

So I ask you all wise mac peeps... WHY NOT get a 27" imac and use it as nexternal monitor sometimes, and an imac othertimes?

thanks!

r.

That's exactly what I would recommend. After all why get just a display when you can get a display AND an awesome computer. Just be sure that the model you want can be used that way. In fact, I think the late 2009 models support it as well, so you might even be able to save even more money by going with one of those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.