Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2011
NorCal, Bay Area
Hi guys!
My friend recently lost her phone and I want to give her my old 3GS for a temporary use. The problem is that the phone is ATT while she is on T-Mobile. So, I was wondering how you get the 3GS that is running on 4.2.1. to unlock?
It is jailbroken but I'm not sure with which program, maybe pois0n... something?
Any help will be appreciate to format the phone, unlock it, jailbroken, and to the newest version possible.
Thanks!

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Hi guys!
My friend recently lost her phone and I want to give her my old 3GS for a temporary use. The problem is that the phone is ATT while she is on T-Mobile. So, I was wondering how you get the 3GS that is running on 4.2.1. to unlock?
It is jailbroken but I'm not sure with which program, maybe pois0n... something?
Any help will be appreciate to format the phone, unlock it, jailbroken, and to the newest version possible.
Thanks!

Buy a AT&T IMEI unlock code on eBay. It will cost about $5 and will take about 24 hours to go through. The phone will then be factory unlocked and can be updated without worry of losing the unlock. If that phone is yours and you have an account with AT&T, they will unlock it for free as long as that phone isn't under contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.