Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
My other half has looked on a local website and there is someone on there (who is quite local to us) who is selling an iPad 2 32g for around £240.

My other half wants to get this for our son's 10th birthday next month (who already has an iPod touch last gen 8gb, but has run out of storage space) but I am dubious about spending over £200 for something that is 2nd hand and will obviously have no warranties or guarantees........

Do you think this is a good deal and are there any checks we should do to make sure that this iPad is actually in good working order before we hand over any cash?

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
You could always meet them at an apple store and have a genius take a look at it. If they are a legitimate seller they should have no problem with this. On the other hand unless it's stollen not much can go wrong or break on an iPad. As long as it powers up, opens an app and the touch screen works, I say its good ;)

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
It's kind of hard to tell you whether the price is good when you're asking if you should pay £240 for it.

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.