Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrudich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
I just purchased an Ipod touch as an Iphone's monthly bills are too expensive. I have wifi at home and it would be nice if I was able to call and text from my Ipod. I have the TextPlus app, which allows texting and limited calling. The text interface is okay. It's a lottle difficult to add new contacts, but other than that, it texts nicely. The problem is, you have to pay for minutes. It is a lot cheaper than cell phone service, but I was wondering if there was an app that I could call and text on. I'm fine with a one-time purchase, but I'd rather not have to buy minutes or pay monthly fees. I have heard of text free as another option. Also textnow. Do any of those offer calling for free too? :confused: Thanks so much! Hopefully I can get this figured out.
:apple:

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
I use talkatone and pay nothing and get unlimited free calls with unlimited minutes and unlimited texting. only in the United States Canada though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.