Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WorkaholicNL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
My local retailer offered to sell me a better configuration for the same amount I paid for my current order.

The only difference is the videocard:

27", i5, 3,2 fusion drive 1tb 8gb 675mx vs 680mx

Do you guys think it's worth the wait? Another 30 days probably? Or are the orders now being shipped faster?

Also important.. am I allowed to return the mac within 14 days and use it for let's say 10 days? Or should I return it without unboxing it? I have waited so long.. so I'm actually thinking of testing it first.

In short:

1) Anybody have experience with the return policy? Can you ship it back within the 14 days? Do they require you to pay for anything (shipping)? Does it matter if the device has been used?

2) Is the videocard difference worth waiting? I'm not a real gamer, but I would like to play the new Starcraft 2.

Since I do not have to pay a higher price.. I'm thinking of going for the faster videocard and use the current system for aprox 10 days if that's allowed.

Some help/advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
I would be tempted to open it but only to assess the screen and to have something to compare to any other imac which I may get. I would not fell right using it knowing I was only going to return that particular unit. It also spoils the fun somewhat after you have already used the machine only to get another which will seem identical.

If you want to check it out do so but just pack it up afterwards if you dont want it. Dont bother with the mouse or keyboard just check the mac out. That way you can make you mind up properly.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
the new starcraft 2 should not be a problem with max graphics on both cards

However, I have the 680mx and it runs fantastic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.