Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muppetsliveon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Hello all.
I got an Ipod touch 5th generation for christmas. This past monday, my home button stopped working. I can't press it.like there isnt any spring to it. Basically right now all it is is decoration. In order to get to another app, I have to completely power it off. No warranty on it. would it be okay to take apart and try to fix? Help?

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California
Hello all.
I got an Ipod touch 5th generation for christmas. This past monday, my home button stopped working. I can't press it.like there isnt any spring to it. Basically right now all it is is decoration. In order to get to another app, I have to completely power it off. No warranty on it. would it be okay to take apart and try to fix? Help?

Every iPod comes with a 1 year warranty. Take it back and get a new one.

Muppetsliveon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Emailed the place it was purchased from to see if it could be returned and replaced. Hopefully it can. Thank you.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Make a Genius Bar appointment and go to your local apple store. Apple will replace it even if you didn't buy it from them

Exactly. As long as you book a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple store you are covered for all manufacturing defects (not working home button being one of them). Cheers.

Cody3133

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2012
In Settings, press General, go down to Assistive Touch, turn it on, and BAM insta home button on screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.