Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Hey guys, just thought I'd give those of you who are StarCraft fans a heads up about this awesome fan effort. It's the StarCraft 1 (and Brood War, I'm pretty sure) campaign(s) remade in StarCraft 2. You need StarCraft 2 to play it, obviously, and I'm not sure if it'll work on OS X- all the instructions are written for PCs.

Link.

To use it, download the three files it tells you to (to start off) and the installation guide so you know where to put the files. Enjoy!

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
sweeet :D wonder if it works with OSX but either way
love starcraft 2 great game i wouldnt mind playing starcraft 1 campaign again :cool:

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Now thats some serious fan dedication. Nice to see, but I think i will skip it myself (having enough problems fighting my way through the SC2 campaign as it is) lol

b.gif

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
sweeet :D wonder if it works with OSX but either way
love starcraft 2 great game i wouldnt mind playing starcraft 1 campaign again :cool:
It's seriously awesome. I've been playing through it tonight, it's been that long since I played SC1 that it almost feels like a whole new game. Give it a shot!
Now thats some serious fan dedication. Nice to see, but I think i will skip it myself (having enough problems fighting my way through the SC2 campaign as it is) lol

I don't blame you if you're playing through the SC2 campaign- it's awesome, plus you have to get it finished before Heart of the Swarm is released. ;)

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
Playing through it now. Its fun and shows how much better the story and dialogue is in SC1. Its Mac compatible since it needs standard SC2 mod files so installation instructions are the same.

The guys that made this put a lot of effort into it. You can use BW units too such as the medic but to balance it out the AI is harder I find/remember.

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
I just re-found this thread, as I was searching the archives for my own personal SC2 question.

Curious if anyone got this going under OS X? Or is it a DOS/windows thing only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.