Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Perenista

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Folks,
I am trying to add ebooks/PDFs (I already have 2 readers called IBooks and PDF Reader Lite) in my IPAD 4 but it seems I really don't know how to do this properly.

* First, what I was going to ask is this: is there a way to access the folders from this IPAD using Windows Explorer and not ITunes?

If that were possible, I could see what's inside and add manually to that folder.

What I did was this: I opened ITunes, then I selected the "Add files to the library" option. Then I synced my IPAD. Later I noticed some books are not available, I can't find them. And after that, I moved the folder to another location and/or deleted the files from my C:\ Hard Drive. Will that make any difference or the files were already copied to IPAD anyway?

There's also an option called "Books - Audiobooks / Books / PDFs / Authors / List", and as you can see here:

BLn9Z1O.png

It looks like some books are duplicated. BTW, this one, "School of Darkness" can't be found in this IPAD. I tried adding again, but it's not there. IBooks can't find it by doing a search for file keywords.

What I want is simple: to add files manually and see if there are duplicates, and delete them. And to be sure if all ebooks are there.

Because I need to delete those files from C:\My HardDrive, once they are stored in IPAD.

The strange thing is the first time I used this IPAD in C:\My HardDrive it was possible to access by Windows Explorer.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
BTW, this one, "School of Darkness" can't be found in this IPAD. I tried adding again, but it's not there.

What format is it. Because if it's not epub or it's some odd specification of epub or not a vanilla PDF then iBooks can't use it. so if it's like a mobi or lit file you need to find a reader that can read that. And then use the File sharing options under the apps list to save the file into that app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.