Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
For some reason, I can't remove a few websites in Safari's history. These websites are not in my bookmark list, but they act like they are. I tried clearing the history and cookies in iOS 6 settings, and restoring my iPhone 4s. Is there a way to remove these websites from my iphone? I'm not sure if they have to do something with iCloud?

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
I do not use iCloud and they are not in the history folder. These websites came from Safari on my mbp and for some reason they got transferred to Safari on my iPhone. I tried restoring my iPhone as new and these websites still appear and no they are not the default bookmarks that came with Safari. I can not delete them my iPhone. It seems like they are forever cached websites.

Kashsystems

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2012
I do not use iCloud and they are not in the history folder. These websites came from Safari on my mbp and for some reason they got transferred to Safari on my iPhone. I tried restoring my iPhone as new and these websites still appear and no they are not the default bookmarks that came with Safari. I can not delete them my iPhone. It seems like they are forever cached websites.

Are you sure that icloud was never turned on at one point or is turned on somewhere you are not aware of?

I would really double check that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.