Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
SO I love my new imac 27inch and the screen is awesome and big...BUT the big doesn't help on some pages.

Example In safari - the print is always so small I zoom in with my track pad.
I have gone into settings and changed the part where it says never show any font less than xx and picked a few numbers, but then the print doesn't always line up and fit.

Any suggestions? or do I need to change browsers? or is there an app that can change it?

In email, I have changed to the standard view to increase the font.

perspectivebass

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Maybe new glasses :p

You could try chrome I though it has more options for reading settings dont know for sure tough!

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Maybe new glasses :p

You could try chrome I though it has more options for reading settings dont know for sure tough!

HAHA! Wearing glasses at all would be good. But on my pc (which I am on right now for work)...I have no problems...and I am thinking what is the point of the big screen if you can't make it bigger

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
you could change the resolution to 1920*1080? But then again you loose a lot of screen space when working with multiple windows..

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
SO I love my new imac 27inch and the screen is awesome and big...BUT the big doesn't help on some pages.

I have gone into settings and changed the part where it says never show any font less than xx and picked a few numbers, but then the print doesn't always line up and fit.

Any suggestions? or do I need to change browsers? or is there an app that can change it?

I use the Safari extension Quickstyle to reset font sizes on specific pages.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA

Have you tried Comand + and Command - keyboard commands to enlarge and make smaller text?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.