Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timshan0876

macrumors member
Original poster
I have tried many programs, most of them free.. but I cannot extract the audio from a video I found online...
Can someone help me do this please??? Or offer any suggestions?

I dont want to use a program that utilizes the built in mic on my MBA, I want to extract the same quality audio that comes when I play the video...

The link is here...
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA2OTQwMDky.html?f=18904890

The reason why it is not a youtube vid is because I am currently studying abroad here in Shanghai and youtube is blocked.. so i spend my time surfing random sites such as Youku...

If someone could just extract it for me and email me the mp3 I would kiss them haha
Please?

Timshan0876

macrumors member
Original poster
I did use Safari's Activity window to download the FLV and then used this to get the MP3.

If that does not work, download via ClipGrab from here (better quality) and read the last posts here for guidance.

The only thing is when I download the video directly from this site, the file is a .kux file... which is unable to load onto garageband or any other program to export audio from....

----------

I did use Safari's Activity window to download the FLV and then used this to get the MP3.

If that does not work, download via ClipGrab from here (better quality) and read the last posts here for guidance.

And also safari no longer has Activity Window... i think. or at least I dont see it here anymore...

Nov 28, 2010
located
The only thing is when I download the video directly from this site, the file is a .kux file... which is unable to load onto garageband or any other program to export audio from....

----------

And also safari no longer has Activity Window... i think. or at least I dont see it here anymore...

Can you use ClipGrab and the Vimeo link? It is the same remix and much better quality, as the video you linked to has a 1 MB audio track for 4 minutes of audio.

Nov 28, 2010
located
wait.... you were able to download the video in FLV format??
you used clipgrab for this im assuming?

Nope, I used Safari's Activity Monitor.
You could try the Firefox Video Download Helper add-on with that site though. You have to jump to the latter part of the video though to download the rest, as it seems, the stream consists of three FLV files, one ad, one Payphone song and then the song about Oliver Kahn.

PS: Why is this site plastered with so much graphics? Is that a Chinese thing?

Last edited:

Timshan0876

macrumors member
Original poster
You could try the Firefox Video Download Helper add-on with that site though. You have to jump to the latter part of the video though to download the rest, as it seems, the stream consists of three FLV files, one ad, one Payphone song and then the song about Oliver Kahn.

I just did it... i managed to download it to a quicktime flv file.. now it should be pretty simple to extract the audio....

THANKS

----------

... ok its now downloaded and completed but the song is only 4 minutes long like you said.... any ideas?

Nov 28, 2010
located
I just did it... i managed to download it to a quicktime flv file.. now it should be pretty simple to extract the audio....

THANKS

----------

... ok its now downloaded and completed but the song is only 4 minutes long like you said.... any ideas?

As I said, go to the part of the video where the other song is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.