Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Apple2000
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Stop returning your iMacs!

People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
Apple2000 is offline   1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:48 PM   #2
Spink10
macrumors 68030
 
Spink10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
No & No
Spink10 is offline   8
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Apple2000
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink10 View Post
No & No
Buddy, I joined before you... stop being rude... maybe give some reasons for your argument rather than just saying "no"
Apple2000 is offline   1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Spink10
macrumors 68030
 
Spink10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Buddy, I joined before you... stop being rude... maybe give some reasons for your argument rather than just saying "no"
Sorry
Spink10 is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:54 PM   #5
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Buddy, I joined before you... stop being rude...
That means nothing, you must be new here.
ECUpirate44 is offline   3
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:57 PM   #6
SmithCommaJohn
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
For close to 3 grand, the product I ordered damn well better be flawless. And I will feel absolutely zero guilt about sending my new iMac back to Apple at the first hint of a problem.

Apple's stock went down because its earnings didn't meet the irrational expectations of a market that demands constant infinite earnings growth for all eternity, not because Apple has set its products to such a high standard that its customers expect products that are perfect, or close to it.
SmithCommaJohn is offline   2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:34 PM   #7
iMichael!
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithCommaJohn View Post
For close to 3 grand, the product I ordered damn well better be flawless. And I will feel absolutely zero guilt about sending my new iMac back to Apple at the first hint of a problem.

Apple's stock went down because its earnings didn't meet the irrational expectations of a market that demands constant infinite earnings growth for all eternity, not because Apple has set its products to such a high standard that its customers expect products that are perfect, or close to it.
I agree.

For $2000 i better damn get a flawless product.

-

Regarding stocks.

It has nothing to do with returning there products. Apple can just put a new screen on. Reset said iMac. Put in a new box. And they can sell it new again.
iMichael! is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:57 PM   #8
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040
 
AlphaDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
That means nothing, you must be new here.
My thoughts exactly.
__________________
15" 2.66GHz C2D uMBP | 13" 2.4GHz i5 MBP 500GB | '07 MacBook
iPhone 6 64GB | iPhone 5 32GB | iPhone 8GB
אני רוצה לעשות עליה לישראל
AlphaDogg is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:58 PM   #9
crovian
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Buddy, I joined before you... stop being rude... maybe give some reasons for your argument rather than just saying "no"
No
crovian is offline   2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 PM   #10
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040
 
AlphaDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by crovian View Post
No
Hey I joined before you, stop discounting what other people say.
__________________
15" 2.66GHz C2D uMBP | 13" 2.4GHz i5 MBP 500GB | '07 MacBook
iPhone 6 64GB | iPhone 5 32GB | iPhone 8GB
אני רוצה לעשות עליה לישראל
AlphaDogg is offline   2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:02 PM   #11
crovian
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDogg View Post
Hey I joined before you, stop discounting what other people say.
Oops.. how childish of me
crovian is offline   2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:26 PM   #12
jav6454
macrumors G5
 
jav6454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Buddy, I joined before you... stop being rude... maybe give some reasons for your argument rather than just saying "no"
3 months difference, LOL
__________________
Al MacBook 2.4GHz Late '08 | 5 S⃣ | Macross Click Me
jav6454 is offline   3
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:49 AM   #13
torana355
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Buddy, I joined before you... stop being rude... maybe give some reasons for your argument rather than just saying "no"
lol, and that matters how?
__________________
2012 27" iMac with 680mx | 2011 13" MBA 128gb | iPhone 4 32gb | Nexus 7 16gb | Nexus 4 on Carbon and Trinity.
torana355 is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:56 AM   #14
Synthetic
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa City, IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by torana355 View Post
lol, and that matters how?
I joined before everyone who posted in this thread, so now my body will turn into pure energy and I'll become a super nova! /sarcasm
Synthetic is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:58 AM   #15
Spink10
macrumors 68030
 
Spink10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
I joined before everyone who posted in this thread, so now my body will turn into pure energy and I'll become a super nova! /sarcasm
This would come to pass if it wasn't for only having 17 posts!
Spink10 is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:52 PM   #16
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Please keep returning them until you get the flawless product you paid for. More perfect refurbs for us
ECUpirate44 is offline   2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:09 PM   #17
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
Apple pretty much is all about Aesthetics then performance at a really, really , really close 2nd. if Apple is gonna sell people on how beautiful and how powerful their product is , then they better damn well deliver when charging such a premium price .
__________________
Once You Go Mac, You Never Go Back !
mushroomtip is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:59 AM   #18
leman
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomtip View Post
Apple pretty much is all about Aesthetics then performance at a really, really , really close 2nd. if Apple is gonna sell people on how beautiful and how powerful their product is , then they better damn well deliver when charging such a premium price .
Please show an all-in-one on the market which is faster than the iMac. Oh, you can't? I thought so...
leman is offline   0
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 PM   #19
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000
 
rocknblogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
How dare you tell people they should keep defective iMacs that cost in excess of $1500-$3000. Unbelievable.
__________________
Don't be stupid.
rocknblogger is offline   3
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:13 PM   #20
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
Went through three replacements still having major issues the first one had a really bad ratteling noise the second one had extremely bad image retention and bad bleed edges the third one has also a ratteling fan. Now I payed almost 3k to have these issues!?? NO WAY! RETURN YOUR IMACS TILL YOU GET A GOOD ONE DON'T LET LARGE CORPORATIONS STEAL FROM YOU. You are already paying high prices for these machines. Get your money's worth don't listen to op
edry.hilario is offline   1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:18 PM   #21
Synthetic
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Iowa City, IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
I don't think you understand how a bunch of stuff in life works...
Synthetic is offline   1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:25 PM   #22
Johnf1285
macrumors 6502a
 
Johnf1285's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
So there is this thing, it's called a return policy. Then it's typically followed up by a warranty that lasts for a year (more in some countries other than the United States). They exist for the sole reason of something being defective to protect the consumer.

I'm sorry, but if I buy anything at all and it doesn't perform, work, function, whatever, the way it says it's going to then it's getting returned or exchanged. Whether its a $2 or $2,000.
Johnf1285 is offline   1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:25 PM   #23
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!

you may have joined before Spink10 but he has contributed nearly 20 times more than you . then again this looks like a Troll Thread .
__________________
Once You Go Mac, You Never Go Back !
mushroomtip is offline   1
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:32 AM   #24
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
People, stop returning your iMac's just because there is a small screen defect! It is really not that big of a deal, and getting a full replacement several times after you have opened the computer is taking advantage of apple. It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
First, people have the right to return any product for any reason, as stated in Apple's return policy.
Second, you obviously don't understand what affects Apple's stock price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
Buddy, I joined before you...
That is completely irrelevant.
GGJstudios is offline   0
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:50 AM   #25
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040
 
AlphaDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple2000 View Post
It is people like you that are responsible for how low their stock has gone!
Just reread the thread and noticed this gem... AAPL stock is low because they reported lower than expected sales... It has nothing to do with people exchanging their iMacs... Apple loses very little on iMacs that got returned.
__________________
15" 2.66GHz C2D uMBP | 13" 2.4GHz i5 MBP 500GB | '07 MacBook
iPhone 6 64GB | iPhone 5 32GB | iPhone 8GB
אני רוצה לעשות עליה לישראל
AlphaDogg is offline   0


Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are video cards from 20" 2007 iMacs campatible with 24" 2008 iMacs gbuyer iMac 7 Oct 7, 2014 06:45 PM
How do I stop stop the annoying email notification sound in Safari kmdonovan1 Mac Basics and Help 4 Mar 18, 2014 05:52 AM
Returning to ML shonboy OS X Mavericks (10.9) 3 Sep 13, 2013 01:11 PM
Returning iMacs? VideoBeagle iMac 4 Jun 28, 2013 01:20 PM
The iMacs aren't delayed (yet) - Stop saying they are Siderz iMac 68 Nov 26, 2012 05:56 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC