|Jan 28, 2013, 09:54 PM||#1|
Anyone Else Have this Problem?
I have an iPad 3 and I have scheduled an appointment with a Genius this Friday because of poor Wifi reception and slow download/upload speeds. Many people on Mac Rumors say its my router, which I would like to believe it is, but I can't after spending 9 months trying to fix this problem. (Also, Iphone 5 has a faster download/upload speed than iPad)
Things I have tried are:
1) Restore Router to default settings
2) Enable/Disable QOS, Enable/Disable WMM
3) Update Router Firmware
4) Restart Modem/Router
5) Restore iPad 3 from iTunes new
6) Reset Network Settings
7) Tested with different Routers
8) Changed DNS to Google DNS/Open DNS
9) Tested on 5GHZ/2.4GHZ band
10) Compare to iPhone 5, and another iPad 3 (32GB) Cellular BOTH on Wifi (same network and same band) They were faster than my iPad by double
11) Moved Close to Router, still, iPhone speed doubled
12) Turn off Bluetooth (reported to fix slow Wifi issues, in my case, it didn't)
13) Contacted ISP and plugged MacBook in direct connect to achieve 30mbps download, 15mbps upload
14) Tested iPad on Wireless N/B/G (all poor results)
15) Hard Reset and iPad Restart
16) Turn Wifi On/Off
17) Disable Wifi Security (WPA2) - Slight improvement by 1-2mbps. Not an option to have no security
18) Tried different router channels instead of autoscan (each one individually, 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ)
My iPad warranty is just about up in August, and I have finally given up. I was determined to fix this problem but its out of my reach.
Any more ideas, is there anything I have not tried?
EDIT: Put down a few more things I tried
Last edited by davyvfr; Jan 29, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
|Jan 28, 2013, 09:56 PM||#3|
I would also like to mention SpeedTest (which I used to gauge my results) can be inaccurate. I did make sure to do HUNDREDS (yes, that many) test on the SAME server. SpeedTest app for iPhone was downloaded on my iPad 3 for test purposes
|Jan 28, 2013, 10:03 PM||#4|
I didn't even know 6.1 was out until now. I remember when I First got my mini (and also my iPhone 5) iOS 6.0 or 6.01 (can't remember which one), the download speeds were really poor. 6.02 fixed that for me.
Have you always have had bad download speeds prior to 6.1?
How are your speeds on a different network? (Someone else's network, public wifi, etc)
|Jan 28, 2013, 10:07 PM||#5|
|Jan 28, 2013, 10:17 PM||#6|
Sounds like you've done all you can. I'd set up an appointment at the Apple store to see what they think. It certainly can't hurt.
What is your download speeds and upload speeds compared to the other ipad 3 and your iphone too?
Can you tether your iphone to your ipad? If so, are the tethered download speed on the ipad significantly less than the iphone?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|GoodPlayer Problem - Never mind. Problem solved.||BasicGreatGuy||iPad Apps||0||Mar 14, 2014 01:18 PM|
|iTunes DRM problem? Or, HD Versions of Movie on ATV1 Problem?||Aqueous||Apple TV and Home Theater||5||Feb 9, 2014 07:54 AM|
|iPhone: Gmail App problem or Jailbreak Problem?||ARSkemp||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||6||Apr 9, 2013 11:43 PM|
|Help, unexplainable problem (for me) [Intermittent slowdown problem]||LittleBig||MacBook Pro||5||Nov 5, 2012 05:29 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.