Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
I am attempting to get my app to handle xmls for loading of data. I have successfully gotten the app to be registered, so for example, when I open an xml in an email I get my app as one of the "Open In..." options. Then when I go to my app, in the delegate I am implementing

Code:
-(BOOL)application: openURL: sourceApplication: annotation
{
     //just for debugging
     NSString *urlString = [url description];
}

However, all of the variables in that method are nil. It is getting called because I am setting some breakpoints, but url, sourceapplication, annotation are all nil.

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Last edited:

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
If that's not your actual code, post your actual code.

If that is your actual code, you're missing the parameters.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
If that's not your actual code, post your actual code.

If that is your actual code, you're missing the parameters.

I left out the parameters because I didn't feel like typing them, my apologies.

It ended up working after a while, with no change by me. Not sure what it was but it's possible it just took some time to fully register the app to accept the incoming file information...

Code:
-(BOOL)application:application openURL:url sourceApplication:sourceApplication annotation:annotation
{
     //just for debugging
     NSString *urlString = [url description];
}

ianray

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
@
It ended up working after a while, with no change by me. Not sure what it was but it's possible it just took some time to fully register the app to accept the incoming file information...

Odd.

I experimented with adding VCard support so that my App could open saved locations from the Maps App. I could not get the Mail App to open my App for VCards. It did work with PDFs though (no reboots, no time -- it just worked).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.