Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Does anyone have any experience in shipping a 24'' iMac in the original box w/ everything? Trying to get a cost estimate on Fedex or UPS if I sell the iMac on ebay.

I could lug it to UPS/FedEx but figured someone on here might be able to get me a $ idea.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
It could range in weight from about 30lbs to 36lbs. I'm pretty sure all the major sites, including USPS, have some sort of shipping calculator so you could get a general idea.

large farva

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Nobody here will be able to tell you anything, unless they shipped the exact same package as you from your exact same location and to the same location. It all varies. Go to FedEx.com or UPS.com. You can enter the boxes dimensions and weight, then select a shipping method. Enter your zip code and the destination zip code, and boom, you're quote is ready. Easy ****.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I just shipped a 24 inch iMac yesterday and it weighed 22.5 pounds. It cost $40 with FedEx Home Delivery insured. At least that should give you a ballpark number.

Purchased a new iMac 27. Awesome machine. Although the 24 inch iMac was a great machine with no issues since 2007.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
I just shipped a 24 inch iMac yesterday and it weighed 22.5 pounds. It cost $40 with FedEx Home Delivery insured. At least that should give you a ballpark number.

I am not saying you're wrong... but on every documentation on Apple's site, plus Mactracker, they don't list any 24" model of iMacs weighing less than 25.5 lbs.

When you add in a box, packing materials, mouse and keyboard, you could easily be in the 30 range.

I just don't understand how they estimated it at 22.5 for everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.