Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hi folks, I just bought a Marantz SR-7007, and I'd like to set it up for AirPlay use. Does anyone know how to? I am unfortunately quite clueless. I know I need to plug in a wireless device to the Marantz, via Ethernet. That I get. Do I need a router, or an access point? What else do I need?

Thanks!

apolkowski

macrumors regular
Hi folks, I just bought a Marantz SR-7007, and I'd like to set it up for AirPlay use. Does anyone know how to? I am unfortunately quite clueless. I know I need to plug in a wireless device to the Marantz, via Ethernet. That I get. Do I need a router, or an access point? What else do I need?

Thanks!

Hi, I have Marantz 7007 connected via powerline adapter to my home network. I have two access points active to cover whole house, both connected to the same network. AirPlay works fine with iDevices and iTunes.
You have some info aboth how to make it working on page 73 of the Marantz manual.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Cheers for the answer, apolkowski. However my house has absolutely no wired internet - everything is wireless. I have 3 separate access points in the house, but even then, 2 are basically relays for the primary access point.

Would it possible for me to do either of these:
a) router, joining the existing access point's networks, then sending ethernet out?
b) Do access points have ethernet out capability? That way I can extend my wireless coverage, while at the same time connecting the AirPlay into the system.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
An AirPort express would do the trick, it also has AirPlay and could be setup as a second zone audio source.

Which access point do you have?

apolkowski

macrumors regular
Before I decided to install powerline adapters, I had Linksys access point working in bridge mode. My amplifier and XBOX were connected to it via a small switch. So the main access point was spreading WIFI signal around the house and Linksys was working as a WIFI "receiver".

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey folks - does anyone know if I need any special software to make this Marantz SR7007 AirPlay arrangement work? Or does it just work with iOS/Mac OS's built in iTunes? What AV input should I set on my Marantz unit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.