Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWEWY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
I think I've finally decided to take the plunge and put Windows on my computer so I could play a few video games.

I was wondering what program I should use?

There are a few programs I could use and wanted a little advice for this situation.

Thanks for the help.

TWEWY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
It would just create a partition no need to save all my information and add it again?

I was looking at Parallels is that not as stable?

Nov 28, 2010
located
It would just create a partition no need to save all my information and add it again?
Yes, you use Boot Camp Assistant and off you go. But backup your data in any case anyway.

I was looking at Parallels is that not as stable?
It is stable, but depending on the hardware specs of your Mac and the technical requirements of the game(s) you want to play, virtualisation might not be the best option.

PS: I was able to run some 2004 version of C&C on my 2007 iMac via Parallels back in 2008 or so, it worked okay, but it was not that pretty.

TWEWY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Boot Camp it is, though I have nothing to back up my computer with odd risk I take I suppose.

With a computer from 2009 or 2010 probably a better idea to just use Boot Camp.

One more quick question sorry.

Can I delete the partition later without any consequences or what have you?

TWEWY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
I backed up everything after all, but now I've run into a problem.

Does it mean I have erase all my information and then put everything back?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 2.14.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 2.14.19 PM.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 93

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I backed up everything after all, but now I've run into a problem.

Does it mean I have erase all my information and then put everything back?

I recommend doing a time machine backup, erasing the drive, then restoring through time machine the whole system. I vaguely recall there being an easier option for this error that you have, but I am not able to look for it at the moment. I will be able to tomorrow, however.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.