Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Not saying this guy is completely accurate, but I was reading tweets... And I know some of you all donated to the cause but it was something to think about...

hy2u9u4e.jpg

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Nah, he is just trolling & hating. Prob. because some of the jb has same vulnerabilities he has for selling or something.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Just to annoy conspiracy theorists like this guy here.

I don't know if you keep up with the people in the jailbreak 'industry,' but i0nic is known for talking mushrooms every once in a while (read: all the time) so you should just ignore him. I'd donate to these guys just based on work they've done in the past, and I trust them enough to believe they have something for us this weekend. So should you.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Just to annoy conspiracy theorists like this guy here.

I don't know if you keep up with the people in the jailbreak 'industry,' but i0nic is known for talking mushrooms every once in a while (read: all the time) so you should just ignore him. I'd donate to these guys just based on work they've done in the past, and I trust them enough to believe they have something for us this weekend. So should you.

Okay I was curious, because pod2g was tweeting him back so I thought he was a part of their group at one time.. Sorry guys

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Doesn't matter, we all know the JB is legit and coming. If the donations speed it up then even better, if not then so be it. They deserve the money they get if not more.

TTMax

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
Meh...i0n1c is probably still bitter coz he didn't get enough money for his 4.3 jb way back when. I have no problem donating to these guys, it's clearly damn hard to jailbreak, and it's not like their website runs itself for free. And if it pisses Mr. Esser off, even better, since he's keeping his hacks private.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
i0n1c has done great work for the jailbreak scene in the past.

I would still respect him, if it weren't for all the **** pouring out of his mount (keyboard).

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Why is there a Donate option right now?

Because honestly it's more likely they will get donations now than after it is released.

Nothing wrong with it.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
People were asking where to donate. When the website first went up there wasn't one, and there wasn't one when the twitter was created.

No one is forcing you to donate, but this group is reputable and responsible for pretty much all of the past recent jailbreaks.

pnyc

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know why any one who wants to jailbreak reads anything i0n1c tweets, he has made it really clear that in his view jailbreakers are pirates, etc. so jailbreaking software should not be publicly available.

I also don't get why people insist on believing jailbreaks must be 100% free or they are somehow tainted with evil. In my opinion jailbreaking should cost 1-2$ for each device you jailbreak AND the page where you get it should have ads on it AND a donation button if you want to further support the developers.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
I don't know why any one who wants to jailbreak reads anything i0n1c tweets, he has made it really clear that in his view jailbreakers are pirates, etc. so jailbreaking software should not be publicly available.

I also don't get why people insist on believing jailbreaks must be 100% free or they are somehow tainted with evil. In my opinion jailbreaking should cost 1-2$ for each device you jailbreak AND the page where you get it should have ads on it AND a donation button if you want to further support the developers.

You're going to have to be quiet.

pnyc

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
You're going to have to be quiet.

No I don't think I will. I think some things call for minor capitalization. Anyway the whole jailbreaking=piracy argument is ridiculous since people have been able to install "pirated" apps on iOS 6+ WITHOUT a jailbreak for quite a while.

google

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
I used to follow him on twitter and realized that he is a selfish hacker and it is all about himself. Probably cause he monetizes on bugs he finds and keeps it for benefit. Time to time if someone crosses his path he starts to troll

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I0n1c is a troll. Ignore him.

Exactly. He is like a less talented ge0hot with 10 times the ego.

Just wanted to point out, that if they charged, Apple would certainly go after them.

Although they aren't using Apple's IP to distribute the jailbreak (this is why they cannot use developer builds and libraries, "failbreaks", to make jailbreaks), if they charged to hack iOS, they would certainly find themselves under fire from Apple.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I want to apologize if I offended anyone by posting this thread, but I'm reading his tweets.. and wow this guy does have an ego

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
I want to apologize if I offended anyone by posting this thread, but I'm reading his tweets.. and wow this guy does have an ego

Yeah, I have a feeling he's butthurt that he's not apart of the group and won't be receiving any part of the donations. There was no drama until he started whining about every little bit, starting with the website coming up before the jailbreak and claiming they are making ad revenue as well as the donation button.

wjlafrance

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
Madison, WI
Meh...i0n1c is probably still bitter coz he didn't get enough money for his 4.3 jb way back when. I have no problem donating to these guys, it's clearly damn hard to jailbreak, and it's not like their website runs itself for free. And if it pisses Mr. Esser off, even better, since he's keeping his hacks private.

I'd like to know what it costs to host one of these sites. DevTeam uses Google for all their file downloads which I believe is free or very low cost.

But as a developer, I agree. Every jailbreak is impressive. People on this forum should relax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.