Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
I have two-step authentication turned on on my Google account. My ATV won't take either my normal password OR an application-specific password generated from my Google accounts page. Does anyone have a similar setup and have you gotten it working?

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
I have two-step authentication turned on on my Google account. My ATV won't take either my normal password OR an application-specific password generated from my Google accounts page. Does anyone have a similar setup and have you gotten it working?

Are you running an Apple developer iOS beta by chance? Because when I run iOS betas on my ATV YouTube never let's me log in until I run an official release of iOS.

If not try to restore your ATV and see if it works then.

Unless the ATV doesn't support google two step authentication, I used to use two step authentication a few years back and I had problems with certen devises/apps not letting me log in. So that could be what's stoping you, try turning that off and see if it works.

If none of that works, then I'm stumped and maybe somebody else can help.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Just running the latest release, no developer version.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Enter application specific with no spaces.

did that, no dice

I'm not an iOS guy with my personal devices, my personal phone and tablet are Android. Been there, done that with app-specific passwords, I know how to use them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.