Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itxdjx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
R.I.
I have the five and I am in a LTE market but whenever I use the youtube app on LTE it never gives me the highest quality possible like when i am on wifi and the LTE contection is more than adaquet. Has anyone else noticied this? its frustrating because its still grainy, but i go on wifi and its perfect. could it be just to limit data? is there any fix?

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
I have the five and I am in a LTE market but whenever I use the youtube app on LTE it never gives me the highest quality possible like when i am on wifi and the LTE contection is more than adaquet. Has anyone else noticied this? its frustrating because its still grainy, but i go on wifi and its perfect. could it be just to limit data? is there any fix?

Try a 3rd party youtube app like Jasmine.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
If you're not afraid to jailbreak once the jailbreak is released there are many, many apps in Cydia that will allow you to *trick* apps into thinking you are using WiFi.

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
New York

Don't use the YouTube app. Use the website, it loads HQ 100% just save it to your homepage. The app is crap.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The best apps are McTubes and Youplayer. Both these applications allow custom changes such as 320p, 480p 720HD, 1080HD. Youplayer allows for landscape mode which is awesome. Both applications for comments and replies. They do fail at "your" Channel view and information.

Itxdjx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
R.I.
Don't use the YouTube app. Use the website, it loads HQ 100% just save it to your homepage. The app is crap.

Yep that fixes it thank you!

----------

The best apps are McTubes and Youplayer. Both these applications allow custom changes such as 320p, 480p 720HD, 1080HD. Youplayer allows for landscape mode which is awesome. Both applications for comments and replies. They do fail at "your" Channel view and information.

I'll definitely try those!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.