Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Looks like Logitech is (once again) bringing official software/driver support to the Mac platform, MacOSX in this case. I say "once more" because I remember the company supporting and providing (MacOS) driver software for most peripherals back in the pre-OSX days (when I used their devices in OS9). So definitely a bit of good news for those who use some of the fancier Logitech devices (joysticks, gaming mice, etc) with their modern Intel Macs.

Tech Crunch article link below:
Logitech Gaming Software Beta-Testing Program Confirms Future Support For Mac OS X

http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/21/logitech-gaming-software-beta-testing-program-confirms-future-support-for-mac-os-x/

Mattww

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
A re-release of their force feedback driver or having it included in OS X again would help for those of us with Logitech Wheels (for reference the kext was removed in 10.7 and you have to installed it manually from a 10.6 install).

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
A re-release of their force feedback driver or having it included in OS X again would help for those of us with Logitech Wheels (for reference the kext was removed in 10.7 and you have to installed it manually from a 10.6 install).

Totally agree about putting back force feedback support for Lion/MtnLion, via their (upcoming) Gaming Software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.