Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I'm just now beginning to set it up & my 6yr old doesn't know yet I already got him his promised ipad mini. As he is expected from him, it is color white.

He will be so happy b/c he is expecting it two weeks from now (yes he already knows what weeks are :) now I'm at a nearby Starbucks doing the set up.

I'm so happy he'll be so happy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360190760.187229.jpg

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Well all the games will be from a restore of his previous iPod touch 32GB. The icloud restore has taken so long. I can't restore from iTunes because I don't have a computer. I'll put a list of the games when I'm done.

----------

When I was his age I got a toy. Computers were big in size (and costs) and facetime was not yet on startrek.

Funny how things change.

LOL things change, technology in the 21st. Century.

----------

Awesome! If your son is kind of a musical guy (like me), you should download Kanon Drum and Virtuoso.

Thank you.

----------

might wanna pick up a case for that...

On my way to Office Depot to get a case, but I had already ordered one on Amazon. Can't let him have it w/o a case.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
When I was his age I got a toy. Computers were big in size (and costs) and facetime was not yet on startrek.

Funny how things change.

When I was his age, what computers there were were the size of an office building and couldn't do what you can do now with a $8 calculator.

Funny how things change!

;) :D

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Yes Jessica I found a cheap case for $15 on Amazon. It is not an otter, but it seems to offer good protection. In the meantime I got another case at Radio Shack b/c they didn't have any at Office Depot. I paid like $33 for it but I can always return it when the other one comes.

And by the way, thank you for sticking out for me, he is an excellent student, teacher's helper and very advanced in his class for his age (not b/c he is my son), but in my view he deserves an ipad mini and much more.

----------

Thank you.

----------

if the kid is good, i don't see no harm in getting him what he wants.

Correct and thank you.

----------

Otterbox case ?

No otter. But in the future might look for one online.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
Nice. The iPad mini is perfect for children I think. My son has an iPad as well, but I never get him one new flat out. It is always a hand-down. I handed him down the ipad 1, and now he has a 2. He will get my mini in a few years probably as well.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Lucky dad too

Tell me about it, when he went to sleep I was playing with his ipad mini and I said what a difference. I paid two bills on it and it felt like a notebook to me, able to see the full content of web pages.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Nice. The iPad mini is perfect for children I think. My son has an iPad as well, but I never get him one new flat out. It is always a hand-down. I handed him down the ipad 1, and now he has a 2. He will get my mini in a few years probably as well.

That is a good way to teach them to care for things. My son had a refurbished iPod touch and be has proven very responsible with it. He learned to lay it face down every time he was not using it, and also not to scratch the screen with any sharp object, so he was ready for the ipad mini upgrade.

I agree, the ipad mini should be perfect for children :)

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
I got my 3 year old an iPad mini for Xmas and he loves it. He can only use it Fri-Sun, and all his games and movies are on it, meaning I was able to delete those things from Mine! He absolutely loves the educational apps and as a direct result is a 3 year old with 5 year old competencies....They have integrated iPads into his preschool and he has mastered all their activities. iPads can be very useful for young children if handled appropriately.

Congratulations for your son!

Davejprince

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Congratulations to you both.
The iPad Mini is a cool device ( a bit expensive, but what Apple product isn't? ) to own.
With alot of apps available for children it is a device which supplies him alot of fun ( Games, videos, etc )
6 Years old might be young for an iPad Mini, but young people can learn quick ( so can old, & older )
I hope you both enjoy the device : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.