Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
So I actually bought and tried maple syrup for the first time, and so far, I've only used it as if I was using honey - on toast or other bread. I've heard that it's synonymous with pancakes, but would any other user like to recommend other dishes it goes well with?

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I've never actually imagined meat with sweets....and come to think of it, I have bacon at home right now...

Maybe I'll give that a shot...

----------

Besides bacon and sausage, you can also make some mighty tasty pork chops with maple syrup.

EDIT: FWIW there are many, many grades of maple syrup. I'm partial to the lightest of the bunch, sometimes called "fancy" or "light amber"

B

I bought the one Kirkland makes for Costco. It's my first time ever, so the next time I buy, I'll look for a different brand :)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Traditionally, pancakes and waffles have been the usual accompaniment when partnered with maple syrup. However, bacon and any pork dish (even sausages) would all go well with it, too. Chicken, too.

Any meat that can take a sweet tasting side dish (as chicken, bacon, ham and pork can) will go will go well with maple syrup. The poster (ejb190) who suggested fried apples was inspired; myself, I'd consider baking the apples and adding maple syrup.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Put a splash of it in BBQ sauce and put that on some chicken, burgers, or something. so good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.