Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1
graes
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
How to connect my monitor and Apple TV simultaneously?

I just bought Apple TV and I have Mac mini connected through minidisplayport. I need to connect additional monitor and Apple TV to my Mac mini simultaneously, so need to connect 3 devices to Mac mini. I heard that it is possible by special device - splitter, but do not know what model exactly. Please help me how to do?
graes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:14 PM   #2
paulrbeers
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by graes View Post
I just bought Apple TV and I have Mac mini connected through minidisplayport. I need to connect additional monitor and Apple TV to my Mac mini simultaneously, so need to connect 3 devices to Mac mini. I heard that it is possible by special device - splitter, but do not know what model exactly. Please help me how to do?
You can't hook an Appletv into a Mac mini.... Are you trying to hook both the mini and the Appletv to a particular monitor?!? I guess I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
paulrbeers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:53 AM   #3
heisenberg123
macrumors 603
 
heisenberg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
also not sure you question, the ATV does not "hook up" to any computer it can be used to mirror certain computers, Airplay Itunes and certain iOS apps, and be used as a homesharing device if you have homesharing enabled and running in iTunes on a computer but there is not phyical connection
__________________
15" i7 Quad Core MBP (Early 2011) 2.0GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD and 1TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6490M(Intel HD Graphics 3000) OSX 10.9
64GB iPhone 6 Gold
heisenberg123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:44 PM   #4
graes
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg123 View Post
also not sure you question, the ATV does not "hook up" to any computer it can be used to mirror certain computers, Airplay Itunes and certain iOS apps, and be used as a homesharing device if you have homesharing enabled and running in iTunes on a computer but there is not phyical connection
So you mean that there is no way how to display my videos on the both devices (Apple TV and monitor, first) simultaneously?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrbeers View Post
You can't hook an Appletv into a Mac mini.... Are you trying to hook both the mini and the Appletv to a particular monitor?!? I guess I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
Now I have Mac Mini with a connected monitor. I just want to connect my Mac to send the same picture to the Apple TV and Monitors.

Last edited by graes; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
graes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:04 AM   #5
graes
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Well, I read some articles and they suggest to use splitter, I found one, but not sure that it is useful in my case:
https://www.hdwise.com/home.php?cat=668
graes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:37 AM   #6
FreakinEurekan
macrumors 68030
 
FreakinEurekan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by graes View Post
So you mean that there is no way how to display my videos on the both devices (Apple TV and monitor, first) simultaneously?
If it's a mid-2011 or later Mac Mini, I think the feature you're looking for is "AirPlay Mirroring":

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5404
FreakinEurekan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:26 AM   #7
graes
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinEurekan View Post
If it's a mid-2011 or later Mac Mini, I think the feature you're looking for is "AirPlay Mirroring":

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5404

Yes, the functions is the same, but this solution will work for 1 monitor only, I need to get at least 3 devices (4 would be ideal).
And I affraid that this Mac is older...
graes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Leaves Users Vulnerable By Not Fixing iOS and OS X Security Issues Simultaneously MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 141 Apr 26, 2014 10:47 PM
What cable do I need to connect this monitor? patricem Mac mini 10 Mar 24, 2014 10:11 AM
Broadcast to multiple apple tv's simultaneously Pitsy1971 Apple TV and Home Theater 1 Feb 24, 2014 08:46 PM
Can 17" MacBook use 3 DVI and 1 HDMI monitor simultaneously? floridaguyuser MacBook Pro 6 Sep 27, 2012 04:29 PM
Can't connect to my monitor. orfeas0 MacBook Air 8 Jun 9, 2012 02:42 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC