Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fissionchips

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Hi all,

I'm new so apologies if this has been posted before. I have looked around but not seen a similar issue although I know some people have problems at startup with their Airs.

Mine displays the user login screen but freezes, I have to do a hard power off again and again until sometimes it works. However, I have now discovered that if it happens all I need to do is close the lid (once the login screen displays on startup) then open it again and then it works, I can log in.

This is a brand new Air, I've had it about three months and it has only started doing this. It is completely updated and has never been damaged in any way.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Cheers,

Rich

Violet1337

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Hi all,

I'm new so apologies if this has been posted before. I have looked around but not seen a similar issue although I know some people have problems at startup with their Airs.

Mine displays the user login screen but freezes, I have to do a hard power off again and again until sometimes it works. However, I have now discovered that if it happens all I need to do is close the lid (once the login screen displays on startup) then open it again and then it works, I can log in.

This is a brand new Air, I've had it about three months and it has only started doing this. It is completely updated and has never been damaged in any way.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Cheers,

Rich

Have you called up Apple and explained to them about the issue? Your warranty should still be valid. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.