Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Hi all..

does anyone know the reason for the following issue happening ? Its occurred more than one on both of our ATV's 2 in our place, and i'm stumped as to whats going on.

When starting to play any video on iTunes on Apple TV, this also happens with podcasts/netcasts, we get the occasional, "audio" but No video, or see video, but no audio.

However, this can be solved by going back and going back in.

I'm placing this on Apple TV, as its the only time its happened, and since it only happens once at least in any given time, I can't really reproduce this on itunes, unless i'm sure its due to any particular content, (which its not, it happens to any video and at any time randomly)

This also happens on Netflix.

Anyone know the cause, or seen this ? I was thinking of sending feedback to Apple, but being Netflix too, this ruled this out.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I get this quite often as well. I put it down to my router (I'm using wifi), which is garbage - restarting it "fixes" the issue. I've moved to a new ISP, so hopefully their router will fix it ....

Sorry, I know that hasn't helped at all, but at least you're not alone. That's something right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.